Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I've had USAA for 22 years.

Recently had a house claim that went without a hitch. We lucked out with the contractor. USAA recommended 4 in our area and we had all give a bid, gave the job to the one who gave us the best warm & fuzzy.

Had several auto claims, mostly glass, and 2 fender benders (wife) no issues I can remember.

About 6 years ago, after feeling my insurance was creeping up, I switched to Geico and saved about 25%. Recently when moving from SC to KY, the Geico price went up. I did a quote with USAA and saved $600/year. My Bullitt went from $527 every 6 months to $315, and Tundra had similar cost reduction.

I told my kids (in PA & CO) about the decrease. They had also switched to Geico, but when they had USAA quote, the cost was double what they were paying with Geico.

Sometimes it is as simple as a bad adjuster or contractor. I've found USAA vey responsive. May be worth a shot to call them and ask to speak to one of their SR people in insurance and explain your frustrations. They are good about making things right.

I also have Hagerty insurance for my motorcycles and Porsche. They are fantastic. I had a comprehensive claim on the Porsche (dummy me let a MC tip over and put a huge scratch in the door of the Porsche). They sent an adjuster in 2 days and cut me a check immediately.....
Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
i agree 100%. I had USAA for 30 some odd years. In the last 4-5 years they got worse and worse, 1st rates went up a lot, this was due to that big hail storm in San Antonio in2016-17. Their call centers all all outsourced to overseas companies to save money. I never had issues w/claims but customer service and charges on top of charges finally made me quit. Which sucks because they were good for so long. Thanks Gronk... :p