URGENT HELP PLEASE - Tracker device stopping the car from running after mapping

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
So the last owner had an immobiliser installed by the company called Tracker. I never paid for the service so assumed its been deactivated. Gave the car to a reputable garage to complete some works which included mapping. They say its stopping the car from turning on. Basically turns on and switches off immediately assuming from the immobiliser.

called Tracker and they say the device should be deactivated and not affecting the car in any way.

I am now trying to arrange for a callout for their engineer to attend the garage and either remove or fully disable but struggling to get this done in any fast way or a response from Tracker at all.

anyone been in similar position or any tips? Work is completed on the car and only need this sorted to be able to pickup by Friday…

would appreciate any help
Sponsored

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
If you brought the car to the shop in proper working order, be sure to hold the shop accountable to make it right.

Sharing what work was done to the car might help lead to the answer.

OP
OP
Arashk998

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
If you brought the car to the shop in proper working order, be sure to hold the shop accountable to make it right.

Sharing what work was done to the car might help lead to the answer.
Took it in for Whipple Stage 2. Work completed and when they switch the car on it runs for a second then switches off again apparently.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I don't have anything constructive really, but I agree with this.

They've assumed the Tracker is the issue, that doesn't mean it is. I'm sure they've done their own troubleshooting, but could it be a corruption with the mapping? I.e. it needs to be done again/reversed and then re applied?

OP
OP
Arashk998

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I don't have anything constructive really, but I agree with this.

They've assumed the Tracker is the issue, that doesn't mean it is. I'm sure they've done their own troubleshooting, but could it be a corruption with the mapping? I.e. it needs to be done again/reversed and then re applied?
Would there be a chance for an immobiliser to still be operational after stopping payment and the company also confirming it should be inoperative?
Im in a rush to get the car back ASAP so made payment to them to send an engineer to remove it anyways… will let you know the result.

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry mate, that's so frustrating 😕

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Would there be a chance for an immobiliser to still be operational after stopping payment and the company also confirming it should be inoperative?
Im in a rush to get the car back ASAP so made payment to them to send an engineer to remove it anyways… will let you know the result.
Hopefully this isn’t your daily driver.
Cars are pain. You need to be patient but persistent with the shop. Be careful bringing other technicians into the mix. It could create ammo for the shop to point the finger elsewhere.

The install is not complete! There’s a list of diagnostics that need to be completed once the car is at temperature.

Although the immobilizer software is inactive, it is still spliced into some important circuits. The hardware may still need to receive specific analog signals from the ECU to close connections that by default are normally open. There’s a bit of wiring that occurs for PD supercharger kits that could disturb it.

Booby trapping the fuel pump circuit is a good way to stop a car from going missing. If a boost a pump was installed, I’d start there.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
tbh if the car went in working fine then it's on the tuner to sort it out BUT having aftermarket alarm / security systems on the car will cause issues but i dont see why a competent tuner can't work their way round this since it's not the security system they are altering. Hope you get it sorted, sounds a pain train indeed.

OP
OP
Arashk998

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
tbh if the car went in working fine then it's on the tuner to sort it out BUT having aftermarket alarm / security systems on the car will cause issues but i dont see why a competent tuner can't work their way round this since it's not the security system they are altering. Hope you get it sorted, sounds a pain train indeed.
I ended up paying the fee for Tracker to send an engineer to uninstall the unit… thought it was the fastest way to sort it out before it gets to holidays for now and then sort out the details later..

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I ended up paying the fee for Tracker to send an engineer to uninstall the unit… thought it was the fastest way to sort it out before it gets to holidays for now and then sort out the details later..
likely the quickest / safest way to have it done and if anything crops up then it's on them since their unit their bod that removed it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Arashk998

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Very frustrating… apparently Whipple ended up sending 4 different tunes and only the 4th ‘test’ tune ended up working without shutting off the car. Garage is waiting to get the final version by end of today and run full tests tomorrow.
Tracker company was not needed after all. Too late to claim back the money now

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Very frustrating… apparently Whipple ended up sending 4 different tunes and only the 4th ‘test’ tune ended up working without shutting off the car. Garage is waiting to get the final version by end of today and run full tests tomorrow.
Tracker company was not needed after all. Too late to claim back the money now
grrrrrr thats f*&king annoying and yet not surprising tbh. I'd be asking the tuning company for that money back. Dont fancy your chance like but damn they should be het for it.

OP
OP
Arashk998

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Still no solution on the tune issues. Whipple have resent their revision of Whipple OS again but it doesn’t work. So they will be creating a custom one on Ford OS. I don’t have much research on this so any help on if that would cause issues is appreciated.
Sponsored