Sponsored

Uneven Wheel Gap/Height

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
I'm hoping some of you wheel/tire experts can help me out before I lower the car and put aftermarket wheels on.

2020 GT passenger REAR wheel gap is about 1/2 inch higher than the other side (stock suspension and yes it was properly measured on level ground).
It drives fine, but the gap is inconsistent enough where it's visually noticeable so I want to see if there's a fix or a common issue I have to live with before swapping for new wheels. Anyone else notice uneven wheel gap/ride height before aftermarket wheels?
Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I assume you are going bigger and wider wheels. I recommend while you're lowering your car put in the steda irs alignment kit. There is some tolerance from the factory with the irs and inconsistent gap between wheel and gaurd. It's not noticeable when you have factory spec but once bigger and wider becomes more so. I have put 10x20 and 11x20 project 6gr 7 spoke with 275x35 front and 295x35 rear and it became noticeable. I have to now retrofit the kit.

OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
I assume you are going bigger and wider wheels. I recommend while you're lowering your car put in the steda irs alignment kit. There is some tolerance from the factory with the irs and inconsistent gap between wheel and gaurd. It's not noticeable when you have factory spec but once bigger and wider becomes more so. I have put 10x20 and 11x20 project 6gr 7 spoke with 275x35 front and 295x35 rear and it became noticeable. I have to now retrofit the kit.
I have the Steeda IRS sleeves in there already but the gap is still uneven. Also my casters have always been quite off from side to side. On my recent alignment, LF caster is 7.3 and RF is 6.6. The car drives fine and straight, but this side to side caster diff has always had be stumped. I wish they were closer to each other and both in the 7s like the other mustangs I've seen on the forum. This I'll have to live with since I don't think it will have any negative effects.
Sponsored