2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'm going to order a new Dark Horse when they become available in the UK. Maybe it's worth waiting until its second year to let Ford workout any new-model issues given the car is just launching. Anybody else thinking of getting one?
Sponsored

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
My heart says yes but my brain and bank account are in dispute.
I hear you mate. My brain says I should buy an "all-weather" sports car if I'm adding another sports car to the stable and not another RWD car. Maybe something AWD with all-season performance tires, but also something that sounds good, maybe a Huracan Evo?

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I dont really underrstand why anyone would want or feel the need to own a gen6 and a gen7 Mustangs unless they already had a fair few different cars in the garage and £60k they really coudlnt find anything better to spend it on
The Mustang for me whatever Mustang that may be is as much about capturing the Mustang feeling as anything else so if the gen7 captures that feeling and proves a less flawed car (which i am pretty sure it will be) the gen6 would just sit in the garage and never get driven. I would own one or the other, not both even if I had the cash. Maybe a classic 1968 Mustang and a gen6/7 I get that.

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
No need to worry about ironing out issues. The 7th gen is basically a 6th gen in a lot of aspects. Wouldn't at all be surprised if a lot of the parts can be swapped from one to the other.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Not sure when the first DH will get to the UK. They are already going to be on long lead times in the US compared to other models. From what I understand about the S550 the UK RHD cars are built in 4 batches per year and I suspect the S650 will be the same. It could be they will build a batch of UK DH models in the same way they did batches of Bullitts and Mach 1's. Either way I don't imagine they will be this year?

I think we will be pushed to get a standard GT much before October this year?

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think it will indeed be a long time before we see Dark Horses in the UK. And probably like the M1, it'll only be a few hundred.

As I have said before in the forums, I think with both Dodge and GM Camaros going away in ICE form, Ford should be given a lot of credit for coming out with the S650. To that end, I want one classic RHD American muscle car for many years to come.

My one issue with the DH is having the ECU locked for tuning. I know they are saying if you Whipple it then you will be allowed to put a Whipple tune on it. But I don't want to go FI, I want it to most likely be like my M1, nothing more than headers/cats and a nice tune to flatten the torque curve.

The bottom line is this, I love my Stang and want to keep it for years before the UK govt forces us to all go EV.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I would of thought you would start to see them arrive around autumn this year, in limited numbers, going to be big lead times on Dark Horses as dealers were already taking orders last year for them, also just a heads up RHD cars are produced all the time
Sponsored