Tyres for GT 2017

iowmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
67 Plate Mustang s550 2015+
Hi all, so thought i better sign up after months of stalking, and need some advice on what tyres to fit to my mustang, Pretty sure it still has the original pirelli p zero on, I've noticed the back end not feeling right as tight as it was. So wondering what would be the best replacement tyres from people who actually have them fitted?
Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S seems to be the one everyone goes for after the Pirelli’s are done for. I’ve got them on mine and I’ve only done about 300 miles but already can tell they are a lot better than the P zeros.

They also look a lot fatter so make the car look meaner!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Welcome to the Micheli...sorry, Mustang6g forum :wink:
You're going to hear a lot of the same on this thread.

OP
OP

iowmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
67 Plate Mustang s550 2015+
So i'm guessing thats the route to go then if i wanted to fit in then

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I tried for Pilot Sport 4 but were difficult to get hold of. I can recommend Hankook Ventus Evo 2

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
camskill has the mps4s's in stock i just grabbed 2 for the front arrived next day (they also have rears in stock) i'm still running mpss on the rears though and they seem fine although after the latest round of upgrades i fear the 275's are just no longer wide enough drifting at 70 is ... interesting shall we say.

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
My MY17 also has P Zeros - I guess they all do? They seemed ok in the warmer weather (got the car late July), but are very skittish in the wet/cold. I am guessing that the are “summer” tyres?
I’ve seen suggestions elsewhere that it is advisable to switch the traction control setting to wet. If i’m honest I would feel a bit inadequate if I did this... Don’t know why, it’s not like there’s a sign on the car which lights up declaring me to be a Big Chicken or anything!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
My MY17 also has P Zeros - I guess they all do? They seemed ok in the warmer weather (got the car late July), but are very skittish in the wet/cold. I am guessing that the are “summer” tyres?
I’ve seen suggestions elsewhere that it is advisable to switch the traction control setting to wet. If i’m honest I would feel a bit inadequate if I did this... Don’t know why, it’s not like there’s a sign on the car which lights up declaring me to be a Big Chicken or anything!
Wet mode does work but remember it resets to normal (in an auto when you put it in park) when the car is restarted. If you display tyre pressures when you set off you will see the pressure rise as the tyres warm. When they are 3 PSI or so above cold you'll find much more grip. Quite a useful indication. They do cool down pretty quick when you stop.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Wet mode is a waste of time. Buy the correct tyres and apply the throttle correctly. Having a summer tyre does not mean it won't work in the wet (quite the opposite), it's to do with temperature.
Sponsored