Sponsored

Two Questions - 2020 GT350R

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Responding to my original post with an update on my 'R' ownership.
Thanks again for the quick responses!

Pros:
1) Absolutely love the car - excellent 'upgrade' from the 2016 Tech Pack I owned previously.
2) The CF wheels are good looking and impressive.
The rears are finished completely. Full gloss black over the entire wheel.
The fronts are only finished on the front. Behind the spokes is a rough gray surface.
Normal?
3) I like the Recaros more than I thought I would.

Cons:
1) Not really a downside, as such, but without the resonators and the back seats, the car is much louder when in Sport mode (exhaust open). The crackles, pops and bangs are hard to miss. :)
2) There's a rattle/buzz in the dash that is annoying as hell. Disappointing
3) The rear seat delete 'cover' rattles and buzzes at multiple rpms/frequencies. I've fixed a couple with some foam spacing, but have at least three more that I need to track down.

Just some comments....
Kirby
Based on your very cool stable of cars obviously "Silver" is your color of choice with Iconic Silver being an outstanding color as well and would like to see some pictures of your other very cool Silver cars!! :clap:

Noticed that on your "Con List" you made mention of the resonator delete aspect and when driving your R in Sport Mode, for me personally that is the only way that I drive my R model and have driven all of them that way since 2016 and for me personally that is a certainly a Pro.

Sorry to hear about your rattles/buzzing issues and if you cannot diagnose on your own and without a lot of trouble I would take your car back to a Ford dealership and have them diagnose your issues under your 3 year to year bumper to bumper warranty.

Good luck!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
kgschrader

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
Based on your very cool stable of cars obviously "Silver" is your color of choice with Iconic Silver being an outstanding color as well and would like to see some pictures of your other very cool Silver cars!! :clap:

Noticed that on your "Con List" you made mention of the resonator delete aspect and when driving your R in Sport Mode, for me personally that is the only way that I drive my R model and have driven all of them that way since 2016 and for me personally that is a certainly a Pro.

Sorry to hear about your rattles/buzzing issues and if you cannot diagnose on your own and without a lot of trouble I would take your car back to a Ford dealership and have them diagnose your issues under your 3 year to year bumper to bumper warranty.

Good luck!!
You may view the 'stable' at the URL in my signature. Or maybe it doesn't show up?
I need to check.

http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/kirbyschrader/
Present and past vehicles I've had the pleasure to own and drive.

Yeah... the 'loud' is good and I like it, but I get some damned dirty looks.
Drove the '16 like that all the time, but this one is most definitely louder.
So, it's kinda' a pro and a con.....

Taking it to the dealer is a pain, but I may resort to that....

Thanks for the feedback!
Kirby

Zuess765

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The car cover is very crappy anyway and I would never ever use it. It is an outdoor style car cover that is made of a material that is so harsh that it will absolutely scratch the crap out of your car. I bought an aftermarket indoor soft cover for my car that won't scratch the car.
Sponsored