Tuning Questions

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
1) I've had my battery unhooked for over two weeks while I've been doing upgrades. I know the computer goes through a boot/setup process after the battery has been disconnected for a while. I also have new nGauge that apparently needs to connect to the car and download the stock information and tune before I can upload anything. Is there any need to start and run the car before hooking up the nGauge? Or, do I let the car go through setup and then use the nGauge like normal?

2) I know Beefcake sends my nGauge information to Lund so they can write my tune, but is that the same as registering? Or, should I go ahead and register on their site as well, to get the warranty and firmware update notices.

3) Does Lund automatically include the rev-hang fix or is it something I have to ask for?
Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
1) I've had my battery unhooked for over two weeks while I've been doing upgrades. I know the computer goes through a boot/setup process after the battery has been disconnected for a while. I also have new nGauge that apparently needs to connect to the car and download the stock information and tune before I can upload anything. Is there any need to start and run the car before hooking up the nGauge? Or, do I let the car go through setup and then use the nGauge like normal?

2) I know Beefcake sends my nGauge information to Lund so they can write my tune, but is that the same as registering? Or, should I go ahead and register on their site as well, to get the warranty and firmware update notices.

3) Does Lund automatically include the rev-hang fix or is it something I have to ask for?
I don't have answers to 1 & 2, but I will answer 3:

I uploaded my Lund Tune late December/early January and I still have the rev hang issue. I would specifically ask to see if the rev hang issue can be fixed.