Sponsored

TUNE+ Ecoboost Mustang Bolt In Methanol Injection Kit (DYNO RESULTS ON PG. 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Well I have been keeping this product under wraps and only posting updates on development of the kit in my Facebook group. I finally have some pictures of the finalized design for the mounting kit so I decided to launch the product to get some pre-orders going as there has been TREMENDOUS interest.

Since I have launched the product as of 10 minutes ago (1/20/16 @ 11:28p.m. CST), I already have 7 kits sold which is the most insane experience I have ever had. I turned it on to see who was paying attention over on facebook and was instantly blasted.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE YOUR KIT!

Pre-Order: ETA to ship is 5-7 business days until this notification is taken down!

NEW PICTURES ON THE SITE, CLICK HERE!

The TUNE+ Methanol Injection Kit for the 2015+ Ford Ecoboost Mustang is the only kit on the market specifically catered to your vehicle. NO drilling, NO cutting, NO fabrication, and NO guessing. This kit was engineered to be safe, clean, and easy to install. Everything is included to get you addicted to meth (Ha) as fast as possible!

What's in the kit:

• AEM Methanol Injection Controller
  • AEM 1 Gallon Methanol Tank
  • AEM Injection Pump
  • TUNE+ Black Billet Throttle Body Spacer for Injection and Boost Source
  • VelossaTech/TUNE+ 3D Printed Tank Mounting Brackets
  • VelossaTech/TUNE+ 3D Printed Pump Mounting Brackets
  • 250cc, 500cc, and 1000cc Injection Nozzles
  • AEM Injection Nozzle Holder with built-in check valve
  • Hella Weatherproof Relay and Harness
  • LED Rocker Switch
  • Vacuum Hose, Feed Hose, Mounting Hardware, Wire Connections, and ZIP TIES!

TUNE+ / AEM Failsafe

Besides the direct fitment for your vehicle this kit also comes with instructions to configure the AEM's built in failsafe system. The way I have set this up is to completely kill the throttle while keeping the car drivable when the system is on with an error. An Error can be an empty tank, a shorted wire, or pump failure. As soon as the AEM controller notices there is an error it will trigger the failsafe which will cut the use of your throttle until you turn the system off with the included switch. From there you would simply use Cobb's map switch-on-the-fly feature to switch to your pump gas tune and continue driving until you either refill the tank or sort out an error. The Cobb Accessport allows you to map switch while driving so you don't have to stop and reflash the car. Even if you have an error driving down the road you can revert to normal instantly.

Why Methanol Injection?

Methanol Injection is a great solution for customers in states that have poor fuel quality. Running Methanol injection can increase your octane to over 110oct and has many other benefits, especially for direct injected vehicles.

Beyond being able to run more timing and boost due to the higher fuel octane rating, you are preventing your valves from building up with carbon which is a very common issue with all direct injected vehicles. Once carbon build up completely cakes the back of the valves it can cause misfiring, detonation, and loss of power due to a weak valve to seat seal.

Water/Methanol injection also helps reduce your charge air temps by a good margin. This is crucial when you are looking to get the most out of the factory turbocharger. The factory turbo, when turned up, can produce a great amount of heat which will heat soak your intercooler and enter your combustion chamber. High charge air temps will increase the chances of detonation and if they are extreme they can even melt a piston. I have personally seen Water/Methanol injection lower charge air temps by 20° which is SUBSTANTIAL.

For customers that are running upgraded turbo's you have probably hit the fuel system limit on your configuration. Yet another benefit of methanol injection is that it assist the factory fuel system in fueling your engine. Essentially you are giving it more "range" and allowing to push past your previously limited output. I have picked up over 60whp on vehicles that were tapped out on the factory fuel system, with still more room to go with methanol injection.

Here are a list of recommended fluids that can be used with the kit:

• 100% Methanol
  • 50/50 Mix - This can be mixed yourself with 50% methanol and 50% distilled water, or you can purchase Snow Performance "Boost Juice" which is pre-mixed 50/50. You can also use "HEET" which comes in 12oz bottles and is 100% methanol, you can mix this with distilled water.
  • -25°F windshield wiper fluid. This tends to have a methanol content of 40% which works out well as it can be had almost anywhere and is very affordable. Only issue is not all states get washer solution that supports this low of temperature so that means it has less methanol. It MUST be -25°F minimum fluid.
  • 100% distilled water. This won't give you the octane benefit that the others will that have methanol content, but it will help keep charge air temps low and still assist in carbon buildup prevention.

If you have any questions or concerns about methanol injection systems please email me at [email protected]
Sponsored

Last edited:

undres

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost with big turbo Tune+
Another great product Adam! Cant wait to get mine!

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
This product is so awesome I almost wish I still had my EB over my GT. Nice work!
Thank you, appreciate it!

As I mentioned in my original post I recommend Snow's "boost juice" as it is pretty cheap and works very well. Amazon has it for $40.00 shipped for 4 gallons.

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
How long does a tankful last? Is this something that is constantly spraying, or is this more like nitrous, where only sprays when I hit a switch? Also so let's assume I have your map slot selected to my meth slot, do I at that point turn on the meth injection and run it as long as I want? Or as soon as I'm done do i just switch the slot back over to the 93 tune? Thanks

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
How long does a tankful last? Is this something that is constantly spraying, or is this more like nitrous, where only sprays when I hit a switch? Also so let's assume I have your map slot selected to my meth slot, do I at that point turn on the meth injection and run it as long as I want? Or as soon as I'm done do i just switch the slot back over to the 93 tune? Thanks
If you constantly have the kit active and you floor it everywhere you go, you will go through a tank of meth per tank to tank and a half of gas. If you do 10-15 pulls per tank of gas you will get two tanks of gas per tank of meth.

It will start spraying at 6psi and then go full at 20psi. Between 6 and 20 it is progressive.

You will arm the meth kit and switch to your Meth tune. (Cobb, map switch on the fly, SCT/Ngauge stop and flash) Once you run out, turn off the meth kit and switch back to your pump gas tune.

Cobb, shines again!

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Thanks! In the process of saving up for the Accessport. Just sold my SCT x4 in the marketplace, you will be hearing from me soon good sir. Thanks!

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
GAHHH, another thing to sink $700 into. This is high on my list.

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Adam, I was gonna go with Snow or Aquamist , have you used those systems. I used to have a mini and Aquamist is huge in those. it doesn't require a tune to use, though you would see more power from tuning it. Snow claims that their system works great with ecoboost engines. what is your take?

Sponsored

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Performance pack 6 speed
Bruh, you are really making me regret my SCT tuner ( however awesome Torries tunes have been for me)
Stupid Cobb tuner with all of its super convenient features :(
Is this kit super necessary somewhere where we have 93, and race gas all over the place?
I figured having to measure out race gas would be annoying as all hell, with Meth you just fill the tank and do a burnout right?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Order placed.

I'll have some work to do when this arrives. I'll have my Tune+ Meth Kit, Wastegate Actuator, Denso plugs & Dual Valve Catch Can to install. Guess I could knock it out all in one shot.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! In the process of saving up for the Accessport. Just sold my SCT x4 in the marketplace, you will be hearing from me soon good sir. Thanks!
Awesome, look forward to working with you!

GAHHH, another thing to sink $700 into. This is high on my list.
As it should be ;).

Hey Adam, I was gonna go with Snow or Aquamist , have you used those systems. I used to have a mini and Aquamist is huge in those. it doesn't require a tune to use, though you would see more power from tuning it. Snow claims that their system works great with ecoboost engines. what is your take?
I used a Snow kit already for testing on another customers car and it is overpriced and doesn't come with a failsafe unless you spend extra. My kit is all you would you ever need. I have a ton of experience with these vehicles and methanol kits and I used everything that I recommend, I didn't cut corners anywhere to keep price down, the price was going to be what it was going to be.

You aren't going to have a better experience with a meth kit that you will with mine, I guarantee it 100%.

Bruh, you are really making me regret my SCT tuner ( however awesome Torries tunes have been for me)
Stupid Cobb tuner with all of its super convenient features :(
Is this kit super necessary somewhere where we have 93, and race gas all over the place?
I figured having to measure out race gas would be annoying as all hell, with Meth you just fill the tank and do a burnout right?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
It benefits everyone, everywhere regardless of their octane availability. Meth is very simple to use, fill the tank, arm the system, flash your meth map (SCT/Lund) or switch on the fly with Cobb to your meth slot and go. No guessing, just power.

Order placed.

I'll have some work to do when this arrives. I'll have my Tune+ Meth Kit, Wastegate Actuator, Denso plugs & Dual Valve Catch Can to install. Guess I could knock it out all in one shot.
Thank you for the continued support Todd, I really appreciate it! UPR should be shipping their cans this week so you should have it next week.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
15 kits sold in less than 24 hours. THANK YOU ALL!

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
15 kits sold in less than 24 hours. THANK YOU ALL!
Must be nice to have such a devoted fan base! It's definitely warranted and I'm sure all here feel the same. Can't wait to get enough money to get one myself.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.