frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere... I have a tool box, soft bag with my jack, yes I have a spare tire, and a soft bag with a air pump, about 40 to 50 lbs of stuff. You can imagine what happens on a good run: they move all over the trunk! I've looked at organizers and L shaped plastic items so this doesn't happen but the reviews aren't good. What I do now is set everything against the back of the back seat & place 1 x 4 inch light wood about 30" against the back of the trunk to hold everything in place. Works great looks like crap & doesn't allow for any usage. Our trunks are roomy if it wasn't for these pieces of wood.
Thoughts/comments please!
Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I double side velcro everything in the trunk and stack them

From the left side of the cargo net is the box of velcro. Haven't figured out where to store it yet. The black square with plastic next to it are rubber chock blocks, the two black bags on the right are rolled up Traction Mats for this winter.
cr_E6ZFmZM1Mbw1RZy1rwZwZOcq5rEuNCkz7kDWSvam6Mb5OSOgnR5-lmPIamCip8Tdi7MMoe1O5JlkOw=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

On the left is my socket kit on top, then a red plug kit in the middle, and a jump starter that uses a super-capacitor that it never needs to be charged. The small orange box next to it is a nut extractor set, and on top of it is a tubular lock pick set .
YIA81bwCGlyxq3lhGCRFPfrULnE1j9E1ko-6Ds_49w-GBA4yZ4O__khDG48lh6CP86u2xtB9PnsZ_xEcw=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

The back left corner is an electric bottle jack, and on top next to it in the black box is an electric impact wrench. The clear box is a bunch of retainer clips and the orange box under it is a caliper wind back set and the netting on the floor is just an extra one I had laying around.
G6ufL81YP0AdOKpdyeAY88_3k45SEtfogX7QLFeePo2t-bc-CWFvJVTULLe_ExCfLltxicMX-JO8Db3gc=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

The Nike duffel is filled with racquetball, boxing and gym stuff. The compartment to the right has all the cleaning & detailing supplies including a can of Lysol for when the HVAC or convertible top starts to smell funny. Behind all the bottles & microfiber is a tool bag and air compressor. The orange TEKTON box has a torque wrench inside
r2jiZpSfdfIOQx6HA2bIgzgjrXBkWm0bQgAQ3WrUYyKI2OJG2LAS9rywcpWwXGoKL56rhSjFfHMN-QWmI=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

Left side of trunk lid is just boxes of band aids and Nitrile gloves. In the middle is my army first aid kit with work gloves on each side. Right side is another first aid kid, medical tape and a tourniquet.
snzMSjdb4Qz53t8ye8XOKUF0H1ZH8FFPPbQgUnEWZHEHtnrSe4uBYlbinLorTXZmAyT_YzZCJxUyuE-4M=w1890-h1418-no.jpg

There's even more stuff under the spare tire cover with jumper cables, zip tires, baseballs, gloves and whatever else I can squeeze into the spare wheel.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
frankeric16

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I carry a lot of weight in my trunk. As you can see from my picture above it's mainly tools & jack. The full size spare leaves no room in the well. I was wondering if it's better to have this weight where it is or to move it to the back seat. The good news is that after a hard run, curves & all, nothing moves.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I carry a lot of weight in my trunk. As you can see from my picture above it's mainly tools & jack. The full size spare leaves no room in the well. I was wondering if it's better to have this weight where it is or to move it to the back seat. The good news is that after a hard run, curves & all, nothing moves.
You’d be surprised so strong a single strip of Velcro is when it’s only job is to hold lateral weight because your tool box reaches the top of the trunk so it cant tip over and “peel” off the Velcro.

you will never accelerate hard enough to make the Velcro slide off each other

Drivun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2007 Corvette, 1997 M3, 1972 Challenger, 1972 El Camino, 1967 Mustang GT 390, 1966 Corvette
I try to use the tire well itself as storage. In the well, I have the Automotive Authority PP2 spare, a Big Red 1 1/2 ton big base scissors jack ( trimmed 3/4" both ends ) , 18 inch long 1/2" breaker bar with a 1/2" Scissor Jack Adapter, 20 ft jumper cables, lock key and small flash lite. My Weathertech mat will double as dry a kneeling pad. Still room to toss in a rag and some hand cleaner.

With only 1200 miles driven, have yet to build up and place a soft sided tool set.

@frankeric16: not sure why you carry a spare and air compressor as it seems redundant? On long trips I take a 16 ft air transfer hose which coils down to 10 inches but within which i can put gloves/hand cleaner etc. I can rob a few pounds from each good tire to balance out a low but not flat tire til I get to a gas station. https://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Tire-Transfer-Gauge-300029/dp/B001U8LWR6

I'll probably use eyelets and a short bungee to restrain the toolbag, although a compressable cargo bar as used on pick up trucks might work for larger tool boxes.

Bul Spare.jpg