Trump's trade policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So Trump is getting better trade deals for the US with most countries we do business with. Are you happy about this, or do you prefer the typical politician that takes bribes from other countries and then gives them sweetheart deals? Or maybe you aren't cynical like me and you think the US typically gets poor trade deals for no reason. The politicians are not good at negotiating? Whatever your explanation, if Trump goes away and suddenly all the good trade deals go away as well, will you care?
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Not sure what good trade deals you are referring to. I own a retail store, and most of the products are going up in price. Even USA made products because of higher material costs. I realistically stand to make more money when prices rise, but feel bad for my customers. When I now pay the same price for something as the price I sold it for a month ago, I don't consider that a good deal in any way. The end user (usually a small business) must now pay 10-50% more for the same items they bought last month. A local school bus company was told all new buses are now $9,000 higher each because of steel tariffs this month. This will cause all businesses to raise prices next year. Consumers will not only pay more for daily products they use, but business services too. Welcome to another recession.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Some people are using the temporary tariffs as excuses to hike prices. Those same people didn't lower their prices when their taxes were reduced, did they?

The thing is that even if there are tariffs that helps us because more people here will be able to find good jobs. When people have jobs that means they have money to buy things and businesses do better. All of it works together.

I believe that prices are increasing, because the economy is so hot right now. Lowest unemployment in many, many years. It's awesome.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Some people are using the temporary tariffs as excuses to hike prices. Those same people didn't lower their prices when their taxes were reduced, did they?

The thing is that even if there are tariffs that helps us because more people here will be able to find good jobs. When people have jobs that means they have money to buy things and businesses do better. All of it works together.

I believe that prices are increasing, because the economy is so hot right now. Lowest unemployment in many, many years. It's awesome.
That $15 per paycheck really didn't amount to much savings for me or my wife. Another recession will be coming. Trump and his family stands to make billions if he succeeds in putting us in one. Too good of an opportunity for him to pass up. I suggest you save all those massive tax savings while you can, you will need them.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That $15 per paycheck really didn't amount to much savings for me or my wife. Another recession will be coming. Trump and his family stands to make billions if he succeeds in putting us in one. Too good of an opportunity for him to pass up. I suggest you save all those massive tax savings while you can, you will need them.
There's always another recession coming. The business cycle is at a point that it should have fallen quite some time ago. Only Trump's significant changes have caused the economy to do so well. People have been predicting that the economy would go south for a long time.

I believe I'm one of the few that isn't going to save any money on taxes. Big businesses are the ones I was talking about regarding tax savings. I'm not mining ore, refining it and sending it around to be made into different products.

Part of it is I live in Minne-commie-sota and the state taxes used to be given a federal deduction. I'm glad Trump got rid of that deduction, because it isn't right for people in conservative states with low taxes to have to pay extra to make up for high taxes in liberal states.

Explain exactly how Trump is going to make billions please. Everything he is doing is propping up the economy, not cutting it down. If he wanted a poor economy he could just have left Obama's policies in place.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
There's always another recession coming. The business cycle is at a point that it should have fallen quite some time ago. Only Trump's significant changes have caused the economy to do so well. People have been predicting that the economy would go south for a long time.

I believe I'm one of the few that isn't going to save any money on taxes. Big businesses are the ones I was talking about regarding tax savings. I'm not mining ore, refining it and sending it around to be made into different products.

Part of it is I live in Minne-commie-sota and the state taxes used to be given a federal deduction. I'm glad Trump got rid of that deduction, because it isn't right for people in conservative states with low taxes to have to pay extra to make up for high taxes in liberal states.

Explain exactly how Trump is going to make billions please. Everything he is doing is propping up the economy, not cutting it down. If he wanted a poor economy he could just have left Obama's policies in place.
You seem pretty delusional. Bush killed the economy, and Obama started the turn around that Trump is now enjoying, and claiming is his. You really don't know how Trump makes Billions of a recession? I'll give you a clue. Buy low, sell high. He will buy tons of foreclosures, rent them out until the next president fixes the economy again, then sell for double.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You seem pretty delusional. Bush killed the economy, and Obama started the turn around that Trump is now enjoying, and claiming is his. You really don't know how Trump makes Billions of a recession? I'll give you a clue. Buy low, sell high. He will buy tons of foreclosures, rent them out until the next president fixes the economy again, then sell for double.
I agree that Bush and the congress during the Bush years hurt the economy. But the crash was really caused by the Clinton era politics. Remember that they made laws forcing the banks to give home loans to people that didn't have good enough credit. Clinton and the democrats said that they were helping people by getting them home loans. However, those people didn't qualify for the loans because they really couldn't afford the houses they were trying to buy.

Then inevitably those people didn't pay their loans. There was also a problem with how the banks were leveraging those loans that should have never been granted in the first place. This all made a financial house of cards that caused a huge crash. So, even though many of Bush's policies were far too liberal and he left too many poor regulations in place, the economic problems during the Bush years had a lot to do with Bill Clinton and not very much to do with Bush. If Bush would have behaved like Trump, some of the problems might have been staved off or the fall might not have been so deep. However, if you force the banks to give bad loans, there will be economic consequences. That was a problem that Bush would have had to change the Clinton era laws to fix. And Bush didn't do that. And he made it worse by bailing out the banks. More dumb liberal actions by a supposedly republican president who was more of a RINO.

Obama put way too many taxes and regulations in place. He suppressed the economy severely and that's why unemployment and the recovery was so poor. That's why there ended up being record numbers of people on welfare during his presidency. Many businesses had lots of cash in reserve but they were afraid to invest that cash in expansion because of the high taxes and regulations. Lots of businesses were leaving the US or at least moving their headquarters overseas. Obama blamed Bush for the bad economy over and over during his presidency.

Trump started the recovery before he even was in office by telling businesses what he was going to do and negotiating/discussing strategies with various businesses. All the changes Trump has made has resulted in record low unemployment. Many people who had given up on trying to find jobs under Obama found work now that Trump is in office. Lots of businesses have hired more people and invested in equipment rather than hanging onto extra cash because of Trump's changes and improvements.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
You sure drink a lot of red or should I say orange kool Aid.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You sure drink a lot of red or should I say orange kool Aid.
Well, being an engineer and considering how economics work, it makes logical sense that more conservative policies will help the economy. Looking at history, every time conservative policies have been tried they always worked. And liberal policies have always failed. And I do love freedom.

Anyway - I see Trump working hard trying to enact policies that will help Americans. I find it refreshing compared to most politicians who can't make it on their own and are just looking to get paid. Trump has been a successful businessman and doesn't need to try to get a bunch of cash from his political office. When was the last time a president worked for free? Has any president ever done that before? I don't agree with everything he's done (he never should have signed the last spending bill), but he has done a great job overall.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Yet if you look at job growth AFTER a presidency ends, Democratic presidents since WW2 have always shown growth, and Republicans (except Reagan at .6% growth) have always produced job losses. Trump is not even a Republican. He's a Democrat who ran as a Republican so he could win. Probably the worst thing he could've done since he will most likely finish his term behind bars. His Ego got the better of him again.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yet if you look at job growth AFTER a presidency ends, Democratic presidents since WW2 have always shown growth, and Republicans (except Reagan at .6% growth) have always produced job losses. Trump is not even a Republican. He's a Democrat who ran as a Republican so he could win. Probably the worst thing he could've done since he will most likely finish his term behind bars. His Ego got the better of him again.
He is an outsider, but AFAIK both R and D are corrupt. Since both sides are taking bribes from the same big businesses, republicans end up acting like democrat light. They enact the same policies, but just slightly less.

Being that the Donald is an outsider and is not corrupt, he is actually enacting a conservative agenda. Republicans say they want to do that, but it is rare that they actually follow through.

I agree he has a big ego and it annoys me too. But I would probably have a big ego as well if I had accomplished as much as Trump has. Often I find Trump to be very humorous. I think some people can't take a joke, though.

And Donald has done a lot to help Americans. So it is easy for me to forgive some quirks.

I understand why there was job growth after Obama's presidency ended. Companies were waiting to see who won the election, and when Trump won they decided to hire people. I'm not sure about the others you mention. Were those examples of growth when a liberal democrat was following the other democrat, or when a republican was incoming?

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
He is an outsider, but AFAIK both R and D are corrupt. Since both sides are taking bribes from the same big businesses, republicans end up acting like democrat light. They enact the same policies, but just slightly less.

Being that the Donald is an outsider and is not corrupt, he is actually enacting a conservative agenda. Republicans say they want to do that, but it is rare that they actually follow through.

I agree he has a big ego and it annoys me too. But I would probably have a big ego as well if I had accomplished as much as Trump has. Often I find Trump to be very humorous. I think some people can't take a joke, though.

And Donald has done a lot to help Americans. So it is easy for me to forgive some quirks.

I understand why there was job growth after Obama's presidency ended. Companies were waiting to see who won the election, and when Trump won they decided to hire people. I'm not sure about the others you mention. Were those examples of growth when a liberal democrat was following the other democrat, or when a republican was incoming?
I'm done after that statement. How ANYBODY can think Donald is not a corrupt man is beyond my comprehension.......

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm done after that statement. How ANYBODY can think Donald is not a corrupt man is beyond my comprehension.......
Don't sweat it. Lots of people can't comprehend lots of things. But if you apply yourself, you might improve.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
No one in politics that reaches the level these people do are Angels by ANY means. If you think your favorite politician is you are living in a fantasy world.

Trump is also a business man dealing in billions of dollars which also means he's gotten dirty plenty of times in that industry alone.

We all know it and millions of us voted for him anyways....the alternative was just not worth the cost.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.