Sponsored

Triple Trouble, my new GT. (Pic Heavy)

Heartworm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TVR Tuscan/ LR Defender/ Smart Roadster
It's been almost a year in the making, May 8th last year i placed my order for a triple yellow GT with all the options, but no custom pack, I'm not a fan of chrome and yellow. Nerves were increased as I hadn't seen any in yellow and a trip to the USA made me question the colour choice.

The car arrived in the UK in January but with some work appointments and a holiday I decided on taking advantage of the tax change and went to pick the car up on April 1st - at which point my trade in decided it wasn't happy so pick up was Friday!

Out with the old, in with the new. A bit of a change arriving in a Defender to leave in a Mustang.

A trip to the parents, who surprisingly approve.

With a sunny morning I took the opportunity of a few photos - already getting more attention than the TVR which came as a shock.

I love the colour, it looks fantastic. I realised that any nerves about colour were my reactive lenses in the US making the colour look like mustard. It's very hard to photograph.

And to home. It dwarfs the TVR in size, a very different beast.

Shout out to Steve at Peoples Ford Edinburgh who was fantastic to order with and sorted out both my Sto N Show and the Eibach springs.

Any other modifications are going to have to wait at the moment, we get married next month, and I couldn't bring myself to sell the TVR so the fund for modifications is smaller than originally planned.
Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Chatelerault!! You know, Douglas Park owns the photography rights to there :lol:

Nice car mister :D

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I was expecting to read something really negative from your post title! Looks great, especially with black wheels. Only improvements I would make are to have black roof, black wing mirrors and replacement of rear deck lid for US style :)

Have to say that I do love the standard black wheels

Sponsored

OP
OP

Heartworm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was expecting to read something really negative from your post title! Looks great, especially with black wheels. Only improvements I would make are to have black roof, black wing mirrors and replacement of rear deck lid for US style :)

Have to say that I do love the standard black wheels
I did think that about the name, but it's from a game I love with a section called Triple Trouble and the triple yellow colour, and the fact it's the third yellow car to sit on the drive.

Thanks all, I'm not really sure what I want to do with it, other than make it louder, the stock exhaust is so quiet.

downthepub - Ill give you a shout next time i'm up at Stonehaven/Aberdeen if you fancy a mini meet, would love to see your grabber blue too!

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
I did think that about the name, but it's from a game I love with a section called Triple Trouble and the triple yellow colour, and the fact it's the third yellow car to sit on the drive.

Thanks all, I'm not really sure what I want to do with it, other than make it louder, the stock exhaust is so quiet.

downthepub - Ill give you a shout next time i'm up at Stonehaven/Aberdeen if you fancy a mini meet, would love to see your grabber blue too!
Lower it (with spacers) and add the BMR CB005 Sub Frame lock out kit....... Looks and handles great! :cheers:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Very nice :thumbsup:

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Yellow looks so beautiful, test drove a yellow one last September and was definitely a colour I would have been very happy with, went with Grabber Blue in the end as it was free :).

Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Looks great in remembrance the stock old days lol happy modding

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Congrats. Now get rid of the stock exhaust. Hehehehe

I too agree the yellow looks great the only reason I didn't go for it is because it attracts flies, bees, wasps etc

And I get stung every. single. time.

I once got stung at the gym, in the weights room. at 9pm. I looked up in the corner and was like WTf is a wasp doing in here at this time, got stung med set. On my calf. I had the biggest calf in the gym for about a week. I digress

Congrats. I wish you very many happy miles and no stings.

OP
OP

Heartworm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great in remembrance the stock old days lol happy modding
Your car is an inspiration, Looks fantastic!

Congrats. Now get rid of the stock exhaust. Hehehehe

I too agree the yellow looks great the only reason I didn't go for it is because it attracts flies, bees, wasps etc
It really does, I blamed it on the wax/cleaning products but the colour encourages them more.

Going to a friends garage later so that I can have the underseal checked over, I imagine it's the same as everyone else.
Sponsored