Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
You may laugh but it's not always happy days.

Although I'm now retired, I used to work offshore for 3 weeks at a time. Whilst I didn't have the Mustang then I did have a Jag XKR. That thing would drain its battery on a whim, seldom getting to the 2 week mark.

I'm not sure what the Mustang would do as it never gets left for 3 weeks but for a couple of quid for parts it's cheap insurance.
No laughing matter for sure, I really do need a trickle charger for my lawnmower. Hope it starts today. Cheers.

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Funnily enough, my lawnmower has sat outside in all weathers. Rain and snow, a little bit of sun ( it is Scotland ) for the last 5 years. It has never failed to start.

No brand AGM battery, lying on its side. Who'd a thought it?

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I swapped my stock battery for a Bosch S5, AGM. Suffers much less from deep discharge problems. I also have a ctek charger which connects out through with the bonnet on the latch. My battery went flat when my car was at the dealer for a while and was never the same again. I think those Ford ones were very cheap.

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
I have a 2016 GT & occasionally use a Battery Fighter smart charger. Car is garaged so I leave bonnet open with doors locked when charging. Mine is fitted with an AA Connect monitoring device which will message when voltage drops below 11.5V but it takes its signal from the cars voltage measurements which are wildly inaccurate. The voltmeter will show below 11V when you would expect it to struggle to start but it never has failed. If the Sync 2 screen does not come on with the ignition on before start the voltage is low.