Sponsored

TRCMA 2023

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Every year, The Rag Company run a virtual trade show streamed on their Youtube channel, either viewed live or via playback. TRCMA or The Rag Company Media Access is the company's way of sharing new products from the range of companies that TRC sell. The show this year runs for 4 days, each day of the show running a 6+ hour livestream.

https://theragcompany.com/pages/trcma-day-one

trcma103.jpg

Now, of course, this show is about selling products. But for me, it's a great way of learning about brand new products from the companies themselves. Often each segment features a live demonstration of said products. I'm a visual learner, so this aspect is invaluable for me much more informative than reading a product description on a website.

Day One featured presentations from P&S, ColourLock, Yellotools, Diamond ProTech and The Wrap Institute.

The P&S presentation was the most anticipated by me, with several brand new products launched.

First of which is their new line of interior fragrances. I think anyone who has used Bead Maker or Absolute will know that the fragrance of those products is a huge drawcard. P&S will now offer Mango Fresh Bead Maker Essence and Coconut Lime Absolute Essence as interior scents. These are joined by Eucalyptus Mint Tea along with a few others down the track. Super excited for the Bead Maker version.

https://psdetailproducts.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/mango-fresh-fragrance
https://psdetailproducts.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/coconut-lime-fragrance
https://psdetailproducts.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/eucalyptus-mint-tea-fragrance

Swift is a new interior quick detailer designed as a rival to Carpro InnerQD, as in a product to quickly refresh an interior that doesn't need a deeper clean with Express. It contains a blend of mild cleaning ability and a matte dressing as well as UV protection and an orange scent. Seeing it in action, the application looks very smooth and dries to a lovely matte finish. Really keen to try this product.

https://psdetailproducts.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/swift-clean-shine

Finally, Defender SiO2 Protectant is a new space for P&S. While Bead Maker does contain an element of Si02, Defender is far more substantial and offers more durability. Defender is designed as a standalone sealant or for use in maintaining a ceramic coating. Applications are recommended anywhere between 6 to 12 months depending on the usage patterns of the vehicle and also plays well with Bead Maker. The application looks super easy, spray and wipe, wait for it to bubble then wipe off with a plush towel. Think of this product like a rival to Reload or Cure.

https://psdetailproducts.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/defender-sio2-protectant

All of these products will be available in the coming weeks in the US, and should filter out to Australia in short order.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
TRCMA Day 2 -

Highlights from today include –

Gtechniq EXO v5 – this is the latest version EXO, offering increased durability and an improved user experience. Despite several advantages, some ceramic coatings tend to lack the slickness left by a traditional wax or sealant. EXO is the remedy for this, adding wax-like slickness at the same time increasing the hydrophobic properties of the base layer coating. Typically, EXO is used to top Crystal Serum Light, but it can also be used as a standalone coating with durability up to 18months.

gtexov5102.jpg

iK TR1 updates – iK have added the revised spray head and weighted pickup tube from the new TR Mini 360 to the original TR1. This change improves the comfort of the sprayer head and allows them to be used in a 360 degree range without sucking air.

When these TR sprayers were released (pictured below), they appeared to be rushed to market. While the bottle looks super stout, the off the shelf canyon spray head looked like an afterthought. This compared to the Kwazar Mercury 360 sprayers that looked and functioned like a universally designed product. These improvements to the spray head and pickup move these sprayers into line with their direct competitors and will be available to upgrade existing sprayers.

iK have also made improvements to their Multi pump action sprayer, adding a weighted pickup tube to allow the unit to be used in a 360 degree movement. They have also added to their range of lithium battery units fitted to the larger foam sprayers.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
TRCMA – Day 3

Today focused on presentations from Stjarnagloss, Buff Bright, Buff & Shine, Vyper Chairs and MTM Veloci.

Vyper Chairs is an interesting one. This company manufacture highly over engineered, and crazy expensive, shop stools/chairs. These things are not built to a price point, they are made to be what they are and priced accordingly.

VYPER INDUSTRIAL: Buy Vyper, Get Quality. – Vyper Industrial

vyp105.jpg

Currently, this brand is not officially sold here in Australia………………………for now, I won’t/shouldn’t say any more than that!

I’m in two minds with these chairs, they are cool as hell, but certain models are pretty bulky.

MTM Veloci used their segment to launch a new range of quick connect pressure washing fittings, hoses and hose reel. The new PRIMA fittings offer a mid teer option, sitting above the Chinese made MTM items, but below the Mosmatic items that sit at the top of the tree. These stainless-steel fittings are made in the USA and offer a smoother polished finish and to my eyes, look fantastic. The new PRIMA reel is more compact, the new smooth jacket grey hose joins the blue versions.

mtmprima101.jpg

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
TRCMA Day 4 -

The final day of TRCMA focused on Rupes, Koch Chemie, Lake Country, Solution Finish and Optimum.

Rupes used their segment to talk about the new residue remover / prep spray called Reveal. These are offered in two different strengths, tying in with the other yellow (lite) and blue (heavy) colour coordinated products within the line.

https://rupesusa.com/reveal-residue-remover/

Koch Chemie – most shown in this segment were existing products that are new for US customers; a headlight polishing set, Reactive Rust Remover Rrr, TEA tar remover, Orange Power Op and Gummifix Guf. Key product to highlight is a favorite of mine, Gummifix Guf. This is a non-greasy/slippery dressing for rubber floor mats.

Koch-Chemie - Gummifix | The Rag Company

IMG-3547.jpg

Optimum launched several new or revised products, including a newly reformulated version of Optimum No Rinse (ONR). This is revision number five and offers improved lubrication, slickness, gloss and a much easier final dry process.

IMG-1301.jpg

What I love most about this virtual trade show is that it provides information to someone like me directly from the manufacturer. Once upon a time, this sort of insight would have been restricted to professionals, or not communicated at all. So, when you have the opportunity to hear from the chemist who designed the chemical or product, it helps people like me understand how and why a product was designed to be used, and in the process, lead to better results.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Dude, you are on a ROLL! <smiling> I'm definitely gonna have a look at Reveal as getting that dried, slung compound off can be a real PITA as I'm SURE you know.
Worst part of polishing!

Reveal seems to be similar to Gtechniq Panel Wipe in that it is recommended to spray the product into the towel and not directly on the paint.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks, my friend, I've been using PW for quite some time so perhaps I'm good to go. Besides the product cabinet shelves are already full and I'm using a secondary stash location. :-)

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks, my friend, I've been using PW for quite some time so perhaps I'm good to go. Besides the product cabinet shelves are already full and I'm using a secondary stash location. :-)
That may or may not be happening in my garage at the moment............................................................scrap that, it is happening! :facepalm:

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
That may or may not be happening in my garage at the moment............................................................scrap that, it is happening! :facepalm:
And guess who just lashed out and bought ANOTHER cabinet for detailing supplies, another just like these two..............................................................shoot me now I reckon. :facepalm:

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3888.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
How about a link, D? I'm definitely in need. :-)
The cabinets above are Maxim HD Mega 60. These the biggest they offer, which I got to fill out as much space as possible.
MAXIM HD Mega 60 Upright Cabinet - Massive Storage Cabinet Box 1520mm x 610mm x 1840mm (justprotools.com.au)

I also have two rolling cabinets to match.

6 Drawer Timber Top Roll Cabinet Buy from Just Pro Tools
Buy 48 inch 8 Drawer Stainless Steel Top Roll Cabinet Mobile Rolling Storage Cabinet 1260mm x 530mm (justprotools.com.au)

IMG_9743.jpg

IMG-4141.jpg

IMG-4145.jpg

The new cabinet will sit beside the other two pictured above, moving the roll cabinet further down.

I just wish I could replace my original chemical/microfiber cabinets, but none of their options will fit that space effectively now that the sink is the hardpoint in that area of the garage.

IMG-2165.jpg

I'm having trouble linking you to US websites, most likely for region specific anti-competition reasons. I did find this website, but Google Maxim HD and you should find them -

Seville Classics (gardenstoredirect.com)

Flat pack/self-assembly, they are not the absolute best cabinets ever made, but for the price they look and function superbly.
Sponsored