Sponsored

Transmission "rubbing" noise 2/4/6th gears

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Hiyas, this will be hard to explain.

I am not sure if its something to worry about or normal but essentially my 2/4/6th gears make a slight noise when you back off the power, sounds like almost metal disc de-spooling or lightly rubbing against something..

Not grating but a slight noise, and its only audible in 2/4/6th (and less in 6th, 4th seems loudest). On the power the sound goes away.

I am about to start modding my car from 100% stock so want to make sure everything is perfect so my mods dont give the dealer an out if it goes kaput.

PS> Car has done over 6000Kms.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
What RPM range? At lower RPM's, like under 2k, that can be a normal noise...
Hi Rick, yeah in the lower range and its off the throttle. To be honest, I am sure its had the noise since new but as I want to make certain before I mod and give the dealer any excuse to say bad luck :)

There is no issue with with clutch slipping, or issues in engaging gears. Its the only manual Mustang I have driven (only test drove autos) so nothing to compare it to.

Rick@LASTREETCARS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lastreetcars.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP - Procharged and Built
Hi Rick, yeah in the lower range and its off the throttle. To be honest, I am sure its had the noise since new but as I want to make certain before I mod and give the dealer any excuse to say bad luck :)

There is no issue with with clutch slipping, or issues in engaging gears. Its the only manual Mustang I have driven (only test drove autos) so nothing to compare it to.
OK...sounds normal then. As long as you are not getting any grinding or vibration with it in the drivetrain.
Sponsored