Sponsored

Transmission and differential fluid change/upgrade.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Follow Ford recommended changes, especially the first one because of initial startup debris. Also quiz your dealer about what procedure they use to flush the coolers. it is detailed in the service manual. You don't want drain plug fill. The cost of fluids is about $90 just bought mine from Autonation Ford. Expect to pay for 2 to 3 service work.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Follow Ford recommended changes, especially the first one because of initial startup debris. Also quiz your dealer about what procedure they use to flush the coolers. it is detailed in the service manual. You don't want drain plug fill. The cost of fluids is about $90 just bought mine from Autonation Ford. Expect to pay for 2 to 3 service work.
Yes we also detail the optional flush procedure in our instructions for our BG Kits.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Yes we also detail the optional flush procedure in our instructions for our BG Kits.
Are the instructions in a pdf file on a website so I can look them over and see it it's something I would like to tackle? I think I read something about a temporary wiring harness that you need for one or both coolers?? Not sure about that. Thanks.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Are the instructions in a pdf file on a website so I can look them over and see it it's something I would like to tackle? I think I read something about a temporary wiring harness that you need for one or both coolers?? Not sure about that. Thanks.
Most service tools are now updated to include the PID to turn to differential pump on. The transmission is just a matter of idling the car in neutral with the clutch released. Disconnect the return line from the cooler at the transmission and stick a piece of hose over it to direct it into a drain pan. The line is an o-ring fitting so care must be used not to damage it. The transmission is a two person job. Flushing is not really required unless you are trying to remove some well used up fluids.

To perform a drain and fill without a service tool, drain the differential and fill it to the bottom of the fill hole, start the car or drive it to get the pump to cycle and just recheck the level. Typically only the fluid from the differential to the pump will be lost which isn't that much. You only remove this line when changing the fluid. The return line from the cooler stays in place. Then you can top off the level to roughly 8mm below the fill plug.

The transmission drain and fill is simple. Drain it, fill it, loosely install the fill plug, start the car and let it idle in neutral (foot off the clutch) for 1-2 minutes, shut it off then top off the fluid to the bottom of the fill hole.
Sponsored