Sponsored

Trans Removal with longtubes

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I did search but couldn’t find anything definitive

I’m going to be putting a clutch in my 2016 GT. I have Texas Speed longtube headers.

Can the trans be removed with the headers in place?

Just trying to get an idea what kind of work I’m in for

Thanks
Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I did search but couldn’t find anything definitive

I’m going to be putting a clutch in my 2016 GT. I have Texas Speed longtube headers.

Can the trans be removed with the headers in place?

Just trying to get an idea what kind of work I’m in for

Thanks
Yes you can remove the trans without removing the headers. Pull off the exhaust from the lead pipes back and disconnect the O2 sensors to have enough room when bringing the trans down; do those things and you'll be fine.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Good to know. Thanks for confirming. After crawling under the car it looks like only one primary near the starter will be close. I have TSP longtubes. I know they all probably route a little differently though.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Good to know. Thanks for confirming. After crawling under the car it looks like only one primary near the starter will be close. I have TSP longtubes. I know they all probably route a little differently though.
Yeah unbolting the starter is a little annoying because of the top bolt but it should only take a few minutes since there are only 3 bolts. I also have TSP long tubes and they've always stayed on during the multiple times I've pulled my trans. Now that I have the T56, there's even more space as well.
Sponsored