Sponsored

Tranny/flywheel/clutch issue @2800 miles

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sad to read this, my car just went in for a very similar issue but in all gears. I've experienced the same thing with my torsen replacement. They send parts, its missing something, wait for more parts, waste time, then no ETA, then all of a sudden something shows up, etc etc. Ford and their Dealers are really running a Mickey Mouse business these days in the service arena.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
Honestly, I'd take the replacement. This is your chance to order anything you missed the first time, or to start with a blank slate. If you have the stock stereo equipment you could always swap it back in to pull out the unit you installed.
It's all there but a ton of labor would be involved in getting it back to stock, currently the fronts and the sub I had installed are running off of JL amp, the rears still on the stock amp.

It was a real pain to get that wired and I was only halfway there(dynamatted a lot to prep for phase 2 - replacing all speakers, going active).

So I might be able to get some of the parts back but will spend a ton to get it rewired to factory.

It blows and I cannot get a firm answer on whether they would be obligated to reimburse me under lemon law.

I would consider the exact same car, with the 401a package at a steep, steep discount, perhaps with free ESP. It may sound like I'm asking for the moon but Ford needs to show me something, so far they've dropped the ball at every single turn. That would mitigate my need to replace the entire stereo immediately.

OP
OP

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sad to read this, my car just went in for a very similar issue but in all gears. I've experienced the same thing with my torsen replacement. They send parts, its missing something, wait for more parts, waste time, then no ETA, then all of a sudden something shows up, etc etc. Ford and their Dealers are really running a Mickey Mouse business these days in the service arena.
The entire time I was speaking with the Service Manager all I could hear was Benny Hill music playing the background.

How is it that Ford needs them to measure the bearing to get the correct one?

I expected another call from corporate to give me a little pep talk but haven't heard anything.

No ETA on parts that stretches beyond 24 hours or so is just bad business.

RobBaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 6 speed, Performance Package in RR
Has Ford supplied you with a loaner car for the 20+ days your car is in the shop?

OP
OP

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Ford supplied you with a loaner car for the 20+ days your car is in the shop?
Yes I have a loaner. To me loaner cars for any service is sort of non-negotiable but I guess it's not the norm everywhere.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I've given them every opportunity, someone was to contact me by Saturday to discuss a replacement - I did not receive a call and no one from corporate has followed up.

So I filed today with the BBB Autoline asking for a refund.

My patience is at an end.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Well I've given them every opportunity, someone was to contact me by Saturday to discuss a replacement - I did not receive a call and no one from corporate has followed up.

So I filed today with the BBB Autoline asking for a refund.

My patience is at an end.

Good for you man!!!! Seriously I wouldn't deal with I wish mine would have made it 4 more days I wouldn't be stuck with it. Ford customer service is a joke they did nothing but waste my time and any attempt to contact my rep went on deaf ears never answered the phone or returned a phone call. If she told me she would contact me on Monday I would be lucky to hear from here on wed. It is a joke I hope you get something done good sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
I am in Dallas and had an issue with an airbag that blow out of nowhere (side passenger side) and the dealer did not gave me a loaner and I had to wait 3 weeks to get the part. I love my car. When that happened I only had 700 miles on it (now I am at 1200) and one thing I can guarantee you is this two things:
If anything of that nature happens again, I will get my lawyer involved right away.
And lastly, I will never buy another Ford, no matter how pretty, fast or whatever they are...if you don't treat your client right (who works hard to earn their money) I have no more confidence in your company and products. Period!

OP
OP

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They called me Wednesday out of the blue and left a message that the car was ready. I was out of town so could only get it today.

I drove it around town for a bit and well it's still making the same noise in addition to the transmission now whining a lot more than before. The 'whomp whomp whomp' in first is somewhat less pronounced but still very apparent.

So I left it with them again, I've already sent my paperwork over to the BBB, now I'll have to send an update.

Here is what is on the work order:

7025AA BEARING ASY- INPUT
7121A BEARING ASY -ROLLER
7048A SEAL - INPUT SHAFT
7A443A BOLT - SHIFT FORK PI
7M131A RETAINER INTERLOCK
7121B BEARING ASY - ROLLER
7L027A MAGNET
7C031C PIN
7065A BEARING ASY - BALL
7A443A BOLT -SHIFT FORK PI
7A010 PLUG BLANKING
TA16 ADHESIVE
25B ADHESIVE
7052A SEAL ASY - OIL

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
They called me Wednesday out of the blue and left a message that the car was ready. I was out of town so could only get it today.

I drove it around town for a bit and well it's still making the same noise in addition to the transmission now whining a lot more than before. The 'whomp whomp whomp' in first is somewhat less pronounced but still very apparent.

So I left it with them again, I've already sent my paperwork over to the BBB, now I'll have to send an update.

7048A SEAL - INPUT SHAFT
7L027A MAGNET
7C031C PIN
7065A BEARING ASY - BALL
7A010 PLUG BLANKING
TA16 ADHESIVE
25B ADHESIVE
7052A SEAL ASY - OIL
Sorry about this whole ordeal buddy but it is absolutely a BS from :ford:! I would truly be looking into a lawyer who can draw a letter to the dealer and ford that you escalating this from now on without anymore grace period! Rather spend some with a lawyer and see if it works than wait longer

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT

7048A SEAL - INPUT SHAFT
7L027A MAGNET
7C031C PIN
7065A BEARING ASY - BALL
7A010 PLUG BLANKING
TA16 ADHESIVE
25B ADHESIVE
7052A SEAL ASY - OIL

sigh

if its not running like new, they either slopped the job or your mechanic was a noob, with no senior mechanic to verify his work

in either case :

LL that sucker :hitcomputer:

This should have been fixed a long time ago

OP
OP

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got off the phone with the BBB, Ford has agreed to a buyback, now we just have to agree on the amount. Whether I'll get my $3200 back for the stereo work and tint is still up in the air but I am very happy that we're moving towards a conclusion.

This should be a textbook lesson on how not to treat a customer. I went from loving my new car to hating it, the company that built it, and the agents representing the manufacturer in the marketplace over the coarse of several weeks.

This is like faces of meth but with terrible customer service.

I'm a little sad to have to say goodbye to the community, you all seem like a great group of folks.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Personally I wouldn't get too hung up on the $3200 to get out of a problem car, but if you can get it back, or even half of it, that's all the better. Theoretically they could pull some of the bigger components and return those to you, so you could sell those on ebay.

Good luck with your car shopping. You probably can get a more reliable car with faster warranty repairs, but it probably won't be a V8 / manual. :shrug:

OP
OP

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford won't give me a penny for the tint, stereo stuff, or the trunk mat - bought on the day of purchase.

So I have a hearing scheduled with an arbitrator on the 20th, gonna go to the mat on this.
Sponsored