Sponsored

Trading in barely used mustang

Qyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 10A
Seeking advice for my current situation. I've been recently diagnosed with herniated disk, so every time i drive my mustang "manual" for more than 30 mins i am in constant pain. The car is barely 5 months old and looking to replace with an automatic mustang. I know i am going to lose money, but what would be the best route? Is it better to trade in now or wait a couple months?
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Probably won't matter when you trade it. You will take a hit on your trade. Probably better to trade now to help with back pain. Good luck.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
If you have time, consider selling and buying privately to save money. Perhaps you could find someone seeking to trade with you.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Seeking advice for my current situation. I've been recently diagnosed with herniated disk, so every time i drive my mustang "manual" for more than 30 mins i am in constant pain ...
lower back or upper back? Theoretically more movement is better when it comes to back pain, sciatica, etc.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Seeking advice for my current situation. I've been recently diagnosed with herniated disk, so every time i drive my mustang "manual" for more than 30 mins i am in constant pain. The car is barely 5 months old and looking to replace with an automatic mustang. I know i am going to lose money, but what would be the best route? Is it better to trade in now or wait a couple months?
I assume you are referring to when you get the best deal on the new one. The old one (assuming you do not put thousands of miles on it between now and then) will not depreciate too much more, but the new ones will go down in cost between now and summer (when the '17 start coming out). Best deals on '16 will likely be later in the summer. The only question is will it be worth it to you (pain wise) to wait. All in all, you can probably negotiate close to the deal you could get then, especially if you are using xplan. A good dealer might cut you a little slack if you explain your situation, I know my local one gave my parents more than they paid for one of their vehicles when it had a mechanical issue, so they can be reasonable some times.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Qyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume you are referring to when you get the best deal on the new one. The old one (assuming you do not put thousands of miles on it between now and then) will not depreciate too much more, but the new ones will go down in cost between now and summer (when the '17 start coming out). Best deals on '16 will likely be later in the summer. The only question is will it be worth it to you (pain wise) to wait. All in all, you can probably negotiate close to the deal you could get then, especially if you are using xplan. A good dealer might cut you a little slack if you explain your situation, I know my local one gave my parents more than they paid for one of their vehicles when it had a mechanical issue, so they can be reasonable some times.
I don't drive alot and now i really can't so, I guess waiting till the summer is best, but just worried that my current car will go down in value more than future discount on 16's

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Trade privately with someone who bought an auto but wants a manual?

OP
OP

Qyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lower back or upper back? Theoretically more movement is better when it comes to back pain, sciatica, etc.
lower back. I was hoping it wasn't me driving stick that was causing it so drove my company car for 3 hours during work and no pain. On my drive back home with my mustang pain started coming back.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
what is the company car? More likely its the seat rather than having to operate a clutch pedal. You try adjusting the lumbar in your car seat ? If you have back pain, you may be better off simply stopping every hour and walking around for a few minutes. Get some circulation, and decompress the discs in your back. Movement is good for your back.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
That's kinda how mine started. Got to the point I was bedridden and had to crawl on all fours just to get to the bathroom, finally had to have surgery. Hopefully yours doesn't get that bad and you can get better.
Among numerous methods, one would be to post it up on the "want to buy/trade" section of the classifieds here on the forum.
Maybe state that you need to trade for health reasons and request that responses be made via PM only and be serious inquiries only. This should cut down on the "20 question routine" from all the looky-loo's not really interested but will want take up your time by asking a lot of questions.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
lower back. I was hoping it wasn't me driving stick that was causing it so drove my company car for 3 hours during work and no pain. On my drive back home with my mustang pain started coming back.
Have you seen a physical therapist? That would be an excellent place to start. We treat herniated discs all of the time usually with good results. They may save you a lot of money and hassle.

Beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Guard Metallic MT
I have a herniated disk, Plantar Fasciitis and arthritis in both my elbows (the right one causes consistent pain). Once you hit 55 years old everything catches up with you.

The only cure I find is driving the GT :headbang:

You can trade in the Mustang but bring some K-Y and a box of tissues.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I have a herniated disk, Plantar Fasciitis and arthritis in both my elbows (the right one causes consistent pain). Once you hit 55 years old everything catches up with you.

The only cure I find is driving the GT :headbang:

You can trade in the Mustang but bring some K-Y and a box of tissues.
True. I'm 54 and have plantar fasciitis, lateral epicondylitis, and thoracic facet issues. I'm also glad I'm a physical therapist and own a clinic. It has many perks as I get older. :cheers: OP - I am serious about seeing a good physical therapist before getting rid of your manual.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Try to list private party sale 1st.
With the car being as new as it is the only way I would do a private party is with an in and out sale. Otherwise he will get pounded on taxes. At least with a trade you get the tax credit.
Sponsored