Track day coaching

Ltsrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350r Lightning Blue
I want to share my recent track day and coach experience. I had a great day at High Plains Raceway (HPR) learning from a local track guy based here in Denver. My coaches name is Steve, he is here on mustang 6g and goes by “tracktardicus” . If anyone is looking for a local driving coach, I’d like to recommend Steve.

Steve and I laid out our mutual expectations for the day and I had a great day of learning. I thought that I knew my way around the track but it didn’t take me long to realize that Steve had lots of information to impart and it was time to check my ego at the paddock. Some of the basics that seem so obvious, I soon learned I was unaware of or had forgotten. One really basic thing that Steve told me was that you should never drive 100% at of you ability with a passenger in the car, such a basic thing but I didn’t know or respect that previously. Thinking back I realized, wow, my passengers (in this case Steve) don’t know my driving abilities or if they are truly safe, it took time for Steve to gain trust in my ability and rightly so. It was great having someone in the car helping me to slow down and drive “Smoothly” not all out, simple stuff, right, well for me it’s easier said than done. Another basic was situational awareness, where are the flagging stations, are they manned, or are they just lights to inform you, how many are there, etc.... I can go on but you get the idea.

So in summary, if you want to learn how to drive better, smoother, wiser, consider hiring a driving coach for half a day or a whole day, in my opinion, it’s money well spent.

Keith
Sponsored