Ltsrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350r Lightning Blue
Hello all,

I want to post the upcoming track event that the local Shelby club (SAAC) is sponsoring on October 5th at the local track in the Denver area " High Plains Raceway" in Byers Colorado. The club typically hosts two events per year, one in the spring and one in the fall.
Below are the two PDF's for the fall event. Come on out and drive with us.
Sponsored

Attachments

Cadrms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt. Elec PKG and magneride
i drive by that track on my way to buy puppies from a breeder near byers.

Sponsored

Cadrms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
I'll be racing. 2017 Triple Yellow GT.
I was told by a local mustang club down there that that track is quite fast. I told them i would like to run my 19 bullitt on an open track day just for fun, i was led to believe that car is not enough for that track as many regularly hit 160 on straight aways.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I was told by a local mustang club down there that that track is quite fast. I told them i would like to run my 19 bullitt on an open track day just for fun, i was led to believe that car is not enough for that track as many regularly hit 160 on straight aways.
Bandimere is a drag strip. Do you mean Pikes Peak (PPIR)? Either way, a track day that is open to all makes and models, or even a track rental that is open to all Mustangs, has to do exactly that - be open to ALL. I've never had an issue at a track day with my GT. Many cars will be faster, many cars will be slower. Many cars you'll get point-bys on the straights, just to have to point them by in the corners (Miatas, S2000s, etc). Don't worry about what others say, just stick to the rules of the track day and enjoy it.

Cadrms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Bandimere is a drag strip. Do you mean Pikes Peak (PPIR)? Either way, a track day that is open to all makes and models, or even a track rental that is open to all Mustangs, has to do exactly that - be open to ALL. I've never had an issue at a track day with my GT. Many cars will be faster, many cars will be slower. Many cars you'll get point-bys on the straights, just to have to point them by in the corners (Miatas, S2000s, etc). Don't worry about what others say, just stick to the rules of the track day and enjoy it.
sorry, i was refering to high plains raceway from the original post. my bad for not being clear.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
sorry, i was refering to high plains raceway from the original post. my bad for not being clear.
No worries. It's a great track. Everything runs there, you do not have to worry. On any given track day there's people there with BMW 3 series, S2000s, Miatas, Corvettes, purpose-built race cars, open wheel cars, SUVs (Trackhawk, Cayenne, etc). They have good instructors too. A bit pricey, but they're good. Of course you don't have to go with an instructor, but for your first time you will probably have more fun with one - it's worth it in my opinion. I forget the fees, call and find out (I THINK it's $100 for 3 sessions with an instructor, could be wrong).

Cadrms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
No worries. It's a great track. Everything runs there, you do not have to worry. On any given track day there's people there with BMW 3 series, S2000s, Miatas, Corvettes, purpose-built race cars, open wheel cars, SUVs (Trackhawk, Cayenne, etc). They have good instructors too. A bit pricey, but they're good. Of course you don't have to go with an instructor, but for your first time you will probably have more fun with one - it's worth it in my opinion. I forget the fees, call and find out (I THINK it's $100 for 3 sessions with an instructor, could be wrong).
Thanks for the help !
Sponsored

Reactions: XS