Sponsored

TPMS reset tool

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Anyone in the area have the Ford TPMS programmer I could borrow for a few minutes? Or know any shops that will reset my TPMS for me for free/cheap?

I am about to swap out all my wheels for different ones and need to retrain the TPMS. I might go to the dealer and play dumb or something but...
Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Anyone in the area have the Ford TPMS programmer I could borrow for a few minutes? Or know any shops that will reset my TPMS for me for free/cheap?

I am about to swap out all my wheels for different ones and need to retrain the TPMS. I might go to the dealer and play dumb or something but...

Dealership shouldn't charge you to retrain the sensors, takes 5 minutes. However, if you put TPMS-35s in, they shouldn't need to be trained. May take a bit of driving for them to recognize each other and the car, but when I put my wheels/tires on they went right on no issues.

OP
OP
PhillMcKraken

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks. I will try the dealership. They are the same stock tpms, I bought some takeoffs from a local mustang owner. I wanted the 19" wheel and stripe ones.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Have you driven around with them installed? When we put my girls wheels on it took 5-10 minutes of driving for the sensors to 'train' and recognize each other, since then no issues.

Sponsored

Harley2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have one but I'm in the Denton area

OP
OP
PhillMcKraken

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Have you driven around with them installed? When we put my girls wheels on it took 5-10 minutes of driving for the sensors to 'train' and recognize each other, since then no issues.
Your telling me the current gen TPMS in the mustang will auto train? I am putting them on tomorrow so it will be interesting to check.

OP
OP
PhillMcKraken

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Looks like they do auto train. Sweet!

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Just realized today that the tire shop has fitted my TPMS sensors on backwards.

Left rear is mixed with the right front :mad:

Any way to fix this without using the learn tool and without driving back there?

I'm sure they'll fix it up for free, but the store is literally the other side of town.

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Your telling me the current gen TPMS in the mustang will auto train? I am putting them on tomorrow so it will be interesting to check.
Yes they do self-train. I exchange wheels back and forth quite often and I don't have to do anything.

Just realized today that the tire shop has fitted my TPMS sensors on backwards.
Left rear is mixed with the right front :mad:
Any way to fix this without using the learn tool and without driving back there?
I'm sure they'll fix it up for free, but the store is literally the other side of town.
How do you know they are "backwards?"
I rotate my tires and there isn't any ill effects.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
How do you know they are "backwards?"
I rotate my tires and there isn't any ill effects.
Because my fronts are 275's, rears 295's. Filled cold with 36 psi front/38 psi rear.

Tire pressure info on the instrument panel shows:

36. .38

36. .38

By my understanding, there was a module that located the wheels proximity and therefore giving an accurate reading for which wheel is where etc. So I'm a bit confused.
Sponsored