Sponsored

Top speed on Ecoboost-is it governor limited?

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't remember seeing this addressed. The top speed on the non-PP Ecoboost is 131 mph and PP Ecoboost is 145 mph? Is this governor limited on the PP?

I would think with 310 hp the top speed would be like 165(on a closed course-of course) mph.

Does Cobb, Livernois etc. handheld tuners remove the top speed limiter?
Sponsored

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
I don't remember seeing this addressed. The top speed on the non-PP Ecoboost is 131 mph and PP Ecoboost is 145 mph? Is this governor limited on the PP?

I would think with 310 hp the top speed would be like 165(on a closed course-of course) mph.

Yes the speed limit is raised on all of our performance calibrations to 200mph. We can raise it beyond that if necessary through Accesstuner software.

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang

Yes they do, I have already tipped 154mph playing with the fuel in high gear with an SCT Tuner. I'm still waiting for my Livernois unit to see the difference in Muscle !

Once I get the Livernois system then we will see how much higher the Top Speed can go.

This new 2.3L platform is pretty wild as that was with a Tuner and Airaid only !

BTW Airaid is by far the nicest most professional manufactured system. No other system is not even on par with what they
are capable of and don't let carbon or colors suck you in for the purchase. As most paint shops can match any colors and
then you will have the best setup overall.

Joe

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
BTW Airaid is by far the nicest most professional manufactured system. No other system is not even on par with what they
are capable of and don't let carbon or colors suck you in for the purchase. As most paint shops can match any colors and
then you will have the best setup overall.

Joe
It looks nice and the install was cake. However, I don't think it did much of anything and I stand by that statement as someone who installed his 3 weeks ago. If there is a 10 hp gain over stock, I would be shocked. I know WMS did a dyno test and there were verifiable numbers, but barely enough to even register on a 1/4 mile pass. You may get a tenth out of it, but I doubt it.

Now, down the road with more turbo, it very well may be a requirement.

Mike

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Very True as the real gains with any setup are always recorded with a tune of some sort then touted as the best. LOL We all know the tune is the key and most air intakes are minimal gains and just played up like crazy.

I just want to know that I have picked a system that will hang with the best of them and as we mod them it will be the same or better than the rest.

Ditto: Now, down the road with more turbo, it very well may be a requirement.

Nice read.

Joe

Sponsored

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I just want an intake to hear turbo noises
:)

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The intake didn't really improve my turbo sound or anything just gave me a little power increase and let the turbo spool a bit faster.

I still say Airaid is hands down the best choice overall.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I don't think I'm going to go with airraid simply because I don't like how it looks haha it's definitely a nice piece though. I like the style of JLT's systems, so I'm going to wait until theirs comes out, or Cobb's.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
Very True as the real gains with any setup are always recorded with a tune of some sort then touted as the best. LOL We all know the tune is the key and most air intakes are minimal gains and just played up like crazy.

I just want to know that I have picked a system that will hang with the best of them and as we mod them it will be the same or better than the rest.

Ditto: Now, down the road with more turbo, it very well may be a requirement.

Nice read.

Joe
I had a tune when installed and I logged the Airaid, sent it to Torrie and had an update based on it. I think when I have a bigger turbo, it will yield more results because of the size. Airaid is anticipating larger turbos down the road.

You won't hear much of anything. MMR and JLT will be the noisemakers. All I heard was a slight low frequency moan at low speeds and a slight vibration to accompany it.

The intake didn't really improve my turbo sound or anything just gave me a little power increase and let the turbo spool a bit faster.

I still say Airaid is hands down the best choice overall.
I don't know if it did anything for spool time, the turbo is instant either way.

Mike

Forza Aerospace

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
I don't think I'm going to go with airraid simply because I don't like how it looks haha it's definitely a nice piece though. I like the style of JLT's systems, so I'm going to wait until theirs comes out, or Cobb's.
JLT has proven over the years that they put out a quality top performing CAI. For that reason we have teamed up with VMPTuning and JLT Performance to create an intake and tune package! As soon as JLT releases the intake (Mid January) we will be strapping the EB to the dyno to see what kind of gains are achievable. Before and after track times will be posted soon after, which I believe is where the real gains are recognized.
Sponsored