Sponsored

Top Gear

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
The Brits vs. Aussie episode has me on the ground laughing every damn time!!!
Sponsored

OKCfan

The episode where Clarkson drives (rides) around in the "P45" is pure freakin comedy!

LOL. Anyone who hasn't seen this has to watch that video.

OP
OP

IamTheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Mustang GT
So, I was thinking about who could round out the trio of hosts needed to make American Top Gear enjoyable, and I think i have it! Adam Corolla, Tim Allen, and Reggie Jackson (Mr. October). We have 2 funny guys, and 3 guys that are car crazy. Tim has professional racing experience, and Adam Corolla races in armature events, mostly vintage classics. What do you think?

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So, I was thinking about who could round out the trio of hosts needed to make American Top Gear enjoyable, and I think i have it! Adam Corolla, Tim Allen, and Reggie Jackson (Mr. October). We have 2 funny guys, and 3 guys that are car crazy. Tim has professional racing experience, and Adam Corolla races in armature events, mostly vintage classics. What do you think?
I agree about Corolla, he's kind of like Clarkson in fact that he says what he wants and doesn't care who he pisses off. He was one of the original hosts of the US Top Gear pilot which I think NBC was trying to put together but it never aired and wasn't picked up by the network then by the time it was ready to start filming for History Channel which was a year or 2 later he had other commitments and couldn't do it. I think he was great on "The Car Show" but apparently not enough people liked it because it only lasted 1 season. I know that TGUS is trying to be it's own individual show separate from TGUK but it just lacks content (probably because of the 20 minutes of ads that are crammed into each episode). I've just accepted the fact that TGUS will probably never be on the same level as the original.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Favorite Top Gear UK episode.... definitely has to be the second time they did a US of 'Murica trip, when they weren't allowed to be "entertaining" because of their Visas. I was laughing the whole way through that one, even after watching it at least five or six times. Why? Because Chuck Norris in helicopters "chasing them" and the classic elevenssseeesss...ess...es

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
[/IMG]

dustyaman

Threads
Reaction score
Wow all you guys complaining about hosts on a CAR SHOW!!! Who gives a crap about the host. Just enjoy the cars they bring on. You should be happy we got a car show. Cant you just watch both of them and be happy. I dont care what type or how horrible a car show is. If its got cars I will record it. Any one ever heard of chasing classic cars. By far the worst show ever... do I care no. Because it shows some of the most rare cars in the world. So pick up your diapers. Bunch of babys.

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wow all you guys complaining about hosts on a CAR SHOW!!! Who gives a crap about the host. Just enjoy the cars they bring on. You should be happy we got a car show. Cant you just watch both of them and be happy. I dont care what type or how horrible a car show is. If its got cars I will record it. Any one ever heard of chasing classic cars. By far the worst show ever... do I care no. Because it shows some of the most rare cars in the world. So pick up your diapers. Bunch of babys.
Oh wow a newbie coming on and bitching and moaning about other members personal opinions, you're gonna be popular here.

dustyaman

Threads
Reaction score
No people should appreciate having car shows yes there host are bad I know that. But I dont tune into car shows for the hosts. I tune in for the cars. And im Not really a newb. I have been hooked to this site since it was made. But decided to recently make a profile. I have way to many forums that im apart of. So I waited a while and decided to make one. Sorry if I offended anyone. I just wish people would appreciate that we even have a topgear in the usa.

Sponsored

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
I just wish people would appreciate that we even have a topgear in the usa.
I appreciate the fact that I am able to shit and rid my body of waste. But that doesn't mean that I want to sit there and look at it for 30 minutes.

Kingranch

Besides Top Gear, there's plenty of internet-only review programs/shows now that are great.

Drive featuring Chris Harris is always a great one. Carlos Lagos from Motor Trend is another enjoyable one.

You guys follow any of these types of youtube review segments?

GTsquid

Sure I appreciate the cars they have but when it's presented with stupid contrived banter that is not funny it actually makes it worse than if the show was on mute. Especially when you see how much better the UK version is.
Sponsored