Sponsored

Too fast?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
he's not saying anything i wasn't saying nearly 10 years ago about electrics but very few accepted what i was saying until recently it makes me happy people are now looking at entire life cycle not just plug in cycle.
also worth noting is like him i have no issue with electric cars at all and am considering buying one as a run about around time despite my growing collection of gallons per mile mobiles.

OP
OP

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@hinch

I found the comments in the video helped with understanding that EVs don't come without what seems like a significant carbon foot print.

And the flight to L.A?
Wow! :shock:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I do like Harry M. Good journalism.
As he said, an ev makes sense if you run it for 10 yrs and live in a region that uses renewable energy or nuclear.
ive got an old diesel banger for the yr round daily duties. When it comes time to replace that I will be looking at a BEV car to fill that gap. However there are some significant issues with BEV and how we use our cars still. In summer I tow a caravan with my 16 yr old diesel. Can’t do that with a BEV car!
Due to the sheer number of ice cars on the road I think the mustang will see me out. Should still be able to buy petrol in some form for the next 25 years. However I imagine it will become much less available over time and the tax will be astronomical on petrol post 2035 to drive older ice cars off the road

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for posting, very informative

as an owner of both a classic and an S550 V8 I do worry about Uk govt fiddling with stuff they don’t really understand

that said I work in a car company lead by bean counters with barely a petrolhead amongst them...

fair point that this style of green progress is EU driven. other continents - US, china & India in particular, don’t necessarily share EU opinion. They might be talking the talk but there’s varying evidence of them walking the walk

Sponsored

OP
OP

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Just seen this.

First thing that ocurred to me, was the weather. Fortunately for Shmee, it appeared not to be raining, while he was plugging the car into a charger/s.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Just seen this.

First thing that ocurred to me, was the weather. Fortunately for Shmee, it appeared not to be raining, while he was plugging the car into a charger/s.
What a faff. This is where Tesla have it nailed.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Shmee, Christ. Love him or hate him? I know which side of the fence i stand.
Sponsored