I never had that issue so I could not troubleshoot it
Sponsored

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
I never had that issue so I could not troubleshoot it
Have you ever adjusted the display settings? I spoke with others in the past that didn't even know they could adjust the brightness of the backlight, until I mentioned it.

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Yeah it never reset or changed....could not replicate

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
Yeah it never reset or changed....could not replicate
Interesting...maybe my software version is different than the one you started with.

That is the most annoying problem I have. It's great at night because its already dim, but daytime the first thing I do every time I get in my car is adjust the backlight level up to max

Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Hey guys!

Alright so I shared with Ranger11x a video of the sync 3. It's a beta project I'm working on. It's not sure I'll release it yet. I still have to figure out a lot of other stuff. Anyways since you saw the picture here's a little demo:

[ame]

Also, I'm working on the backlight level. I know the brightness doesn't reset but the most important part it's the backlight of the screen. I'll see if I can build a little script to set the backlight max whenever the unit boots. Also, I got access to the Chinese unit without any 3rd party app and I had access to a setting page that I never saw before. Here's some screenshots:

SaNW_xxiknEE_GdyXm7xESiTBNORN_kRS1O5DusjFdW1I8JSlRhxLad1uQSL-4UbmFkhL_PeBA=w2560-h1600-no.jpg

IMG-20161104-WA0022.jpg

n0oi4UofoY9nWOqqugVfmu5jFPBKIaVfDn2J4FShvYegenoo1_eZBYs-dMqw9xx23VpOU67FZg=w2560-h1600-no.jpg

PepG3T1-Um6Hh1k8SWPjZ3ayPFV0zYK7FYgShlUJj-mXl9mDVSNW1ZPRwCtbv0c5U7qIIVKZIw=w2560-h1600-no.jpg

z1x6-Brghv-Q09wrjWvgZLveutOvHoN-j3rguiMcVb6CuKhh5rvLSmLtKtNy4CVvQ4JsqobCyg=w2560-h1600-no.jpg

Last edited:

..::Ryan::..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic
If this is like a normal Windows build, I wonder if you can set the power policy to "High Performance" via the registry. If my memory serves me correctly, "High Performance" sets the display to max brightness (on a traditional computer+display).

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If this is like a normal Windows build, I wonder if you can set the power policy to "High Performance" via the registry. If my memory serves me correctly, "High Performance" sets the display to max brightness (on a traditional computer+display).
WinCE isn't a normal Windows os. That's the issue... Even whenever I create app for WinCE some coding doesn't work because of the compact framework. Plus it's a different architecture that the unit is using. Your normal computer uses X86/X64. This unit uses an ARM processor. I wish it was an X86 lol

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I opened a website dedicated only to our Tomtop unit! You'll have the latest news about it and plus you'll be able to download Firmware, Apps, Gps update and many more! You'll also have access to tutorials on the website. Right now it's a little bit empty. I'll try to fill it up more this week whenever I'll have time... Click "HERE" to check it out!

PS: You can post comments or ask any question on the articles! All content are free!!! You are welcome to donate but it's not an obligation. (The Paypal email is right it's just under my wife's account because we share the same).

Thanks for your support!

Sponsored

..::Ryan::..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic
I opened a website dedicated only to our Tomtop unit! You'll have the latest news about it and plus you'll be able to download Firmware, Apps, Gps update and many more! You'll also have access to tutorials on the website. Right now it's a little bit empty. I'll try to fill it up more this week whenever I'll have time... Click "HERE" to check it out!

PS: You can post comments or ask any question on the articles! All content are free!!! You are welcome to donate but it's not an obligation. (The Paypal email is right it's just under my wife's account because we share the same).

Thanks for your support!
Nice work man...keep up the good work. Should make it much easier to find the information in one place, rather than spread all over a thread.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
last thing I want my mustang to do is speak chinese lol

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice work man...keep up the good work. Should make it much easier to find the information in one place, rather than spread all over a thread.
Thanks! That's exactly why I opened it. Plus I know it's hard sometimes to get in touch with the OP and make him/her update the thread. Later I'll add a function for you guys to post tutorials if one day I'm not able to post it for you.

Quick Update: You'll see that I created a new page called "Download" on the bottom right of the site (In the footer). I uploaded all the file that some of you guys wanted. You'll find:

The latest firmware, original backup of the sdcard (I saw some of you guys wanted it), A language fix V1 (Still working on other fix), iGo Primo with Q1 2016 maps, (Best of all) Latest iGo Nextgen with latest supported maps (Q3 2015) + TTS Voice Street Announced.

Right now I know some of you don't need tutorial so I posted the link. However I'll try my best to release the tutorials today to help y'all out!

Enjoy! :cheers:

Last edited:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it's late guys but I promised I'll put a tutorial tonight on the site. It is now done! Enjoy:cheers: