TOB noise after Ram Pro Street cerametallic clutch install

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I recently finished up my MT82-D4 tranny build and started the car for thr first time today. I noticed a knocking sound coming from what I am pretty certain is the throwout bearing because it knocks at an idle while in neutral and goes away when the clutch is depressed. I didn’t want to take it out for a test drive until I reached out to see if others have experienced this sort of thing with a cerametallic twin disc clutch? Is this something that will work itself out with some break-in miles? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Note: I did bench bleed the hell out of the TOB too. I pumped it no less than 100 times with a clear hose connected until there were no bubbles and continued pumping.

Here’s a video of the knocking sound.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was just going back through @ammoman’s thread following his Calimer Stage 3 install. He too experienced noise in neutral at idle and located this video on YT which he said demonstrated and explained the noise. I‘m now thinking this may be what I am hearing as well. I reached out to @ammoman and sent him my video for comparison to what he experienced with his tranny and I’m awaiting his response.

I’m no expert on transmissions by any means, but I can’t stress how careful I was on the build and installation of my MT82-D4. I’m going to take the car out for a test drive today and report back on how the tranny shifts/feels.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
In for results.

Get that car wet for once will ya? :)

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
In for results.

Get that car wet for once will ya? :)
I‘ll have the first drive impressions update today. I’ll also get the car wet soon too, 😂.
Sponsored