Tis' Baleen McQueen, 2019 DHG Bullitt

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
what is the recall anyway? is it really critical?
It’s for the backup camera. Apparently it can cause issues with the camera blacking out, as well as traction control, hill assist and other driving aids.
Sponsored

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
I just talked to my buddy today. He has a 2022 Mach 1 and he too has received his recall. He said that he has been reading that a lot of Ford dealers are sending out their mobile tech service for the recall which is merely a 15 min. flash. If that’s the case, I might be inclined to do that, if I can find a dealer that would come to me, so that I can keep a close eye on em and make sure they don’t screw something up.
Can confirm, had it done on my R few weeks ago. Tech came by, was done in less than 20 mins.

Edit: Confirming mobile tech service. Brake recall was performed.

My fear is that they flash an OEM tune, dont tell me, and blow it up on the E85.

Too much risk.
The update for the brake reservoir recall (comment above) resets the vehicle to stock tune, nullifying any aftermarket tune. They do warn about it (supposed to) at least, but mines was stock so that was moot. GL

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Can confirm, had it done on my R few weeks ago. Tech came by, was done in less than 20 mins.

The update for the brake reservoir recall (comment above) resets the vehicle to stock tune, nullifying any aftermarket tune. They do warn about it (supposed to) at least, but mines was stock so that was moot. GL
Thanks for confirming that. Were you having any issues with your car prior to the backup camera recall? Any improvement or noticeable difference afterward?

I didn’t even know there was a recall on the brake reservoir. Is that specific to Shelby cars only?

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
Thanks for confirming that. Were you having any issues with your car prior to the backup camera recall? Any improvement or noticeable difference afterward?

I didn’t even know there was a recall on the brake reservoir. Is that specific to Shelby cars only?
My appointment was specifically for the brake recall. The backup camera hasn't shown any issues since ownership. If it does, I will look into it.

The brake recall applies to certain 2020-2023 Mustangs. See below:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...g-2020-2023-brake-fluid-warning-light-recall/
Sponsored