Sponsored

Tires for ocassional track use - MPSS vs MPS4S vs ??

OP
OP
mnm4ever

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
Fyi
I ran 285 on 19x11. That is fine. (Check the width range in tirerack)
That was for re71.
I would say this
Supercar>4S>mpss

Anpther great option : RS4 hankook
Consistent tire.
RS4 has the same limited sizes available and the same issues with performance in the rain. But yes it is another good option if I get track tires on the stock wheels.

And I agree that a 285/35 would fit on the 11” rim but it’s at the upper limit of the range. I think it would end up looking a little stretched, I am not crazy about that look. And the sidewall height would be a little too short on my stock suspension car. The wheel gap just wouldn’t look right. Performance-wise I’m sure you are right. But I want it to look how I want it to look.

Before I got these rims I didn’t consider the lack of options for tire sizes that would give me the look I wanted. I think I would have been better off with 9”/10” rims and sticking with the OEM tire size.
Sponsored

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
How is the Goodyear Supercar 3R ? Car is gt350 with camber plates. I have dedicated track wheels 19x11 square in 305/30/19 to use on HPDEs. Looking for track tires for sunny warmer climates ( no rain) the price and wear is important to me. I don’t want the fastest tire that is going to last 4 track days only. I was looking at the Hankook RS4 at $306 each at Tirerack. I found the Supercar 3R in the same size for the same price but i am concerned that the Goodyear will not last as much as the RS4. Any input would be appreciated.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
How is the Goodyear Supercar 3R ? Car is gt350 with camber plates. I have dedicated track wheels 19x11 square in 305/30/19 to use on HPDEs. Looking for track tires for sunny warmer climates ( no rain) the price and wear is important to me. I don’t want the fastest tire that is going to last 4 track days only. I was looking at the Hankook RS4 at $306 each at Tirerack. I found the Supercar 3R in the same size for the same price but i am concerned that the Goodyear will not last as much as the RS4. Any input would be appreciated.
Top 3 fast tire in the market right now.
Consistent fpr 20min
They last 4 days.
I have them 305mm om 19x11 square. I rotate them.

OP
OP
mnm4ever

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
Old thread now, but I thought I would close it out... I ended up with Pilot Super Sports.... 305/35 rear, 275/35 fronts. So far I am really happy with them, got to drive them in the rain a few times and felt very confident.
IMG_6895.jpg
IMG_6899.jpg
IMG_6912.jpg
Sponsored