Tire well Mod $2.97!!

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
So I ordered a spare tire and jack as a Ford accessory. The dang thing did not come with a pad to put under the jack so it was rubbing metal to metal in the spare tire well. I went to Home Depot and bought a $2.97 floor mat with rubber backing and cut a hole in it to fit the mounting point. I think this will be great because I can kneel on it If I ever have to change a tire in the mud or dirt. A few pictures are attached but my iPad will only let me upload one at a time so I'll do several posts.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Cool idea thanks. I may do the same when I order the spare/jack kit eventually. You could even cut the mat down to size if you were so inclined. Thanks. :)

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
With the total lack of sound deadening in the trunk and spare tire well, this is a great idea to add some of that. Thanks for the idea! I will get a mat that is big enough to to gou up the sides of the spare tire well (cutting slits as required).

Sponsored

2015silvergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang premium gt
Thanks for the idea, just got my kit today and was horrified that it didnt have anything to protect the metal...that is just crazy.

When the car comes with that option, does it have anything there?

chewy2314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - DIB - Auto
Thanks for the idea, just got my kit today and was horrified that it didnt have anything to protect the metal...that is just crazy.

When the car comes with that option, does it have anything there?
Mine came from factory and no mat; just installed on bare metal.
Sponsored