BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I’m thinking of getting new wheels.

I’ve been running Velgen VMB7s for a while. I’ve put a little curb rash on them, plus the last place that mounted tires for me scuffed the edges up a bit.

And I’m wanting to change up the appearance of the car. Thinking about Velgen Classic 5s or Velgen Split 5s.

Anyway, given my experience with the nationally known tire dealer scuffing up my current wheels, I’m looking for a place that will be more careful. Maybe a reputable independent shop?

Any thoughts/recommendations for a shop in the Austin area? (I live Leander.)

Thanks, Gents. :cheers:
Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Colin at Soulspeed or the younger kid working there.
Shop rate $110/hr extremely fair.
Your Mustang will be the cheapest car in there.
He does track support work for many high end owners on weekends, but is a grassroots motorsports kinda of guy.
I take them cinnamon rolls from Upper Crust or some other nice snack and get immaculate work done at very fair rates.
Never a ding or scuff.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Colin at Soulspeed or the younger kid working there.
Shop rate $110/hr extremely fair.
Your Mustang will be the cheapest car in there.
He does track support work for many high end owners on weekends, but is a grassroots motorsports kinda of guy.
I take them cinnamon rolls from Upper Crust or some other nice snack and get immaculate work done at very fair rates.
Never a ding or scuff.
Thanks, Sigintel. Don’t know why I didn’t think of them. They installed my short throw shifter and lowering springs and did a good job.

I’ll let them mount my tires when I pull the trigger on the new wheels. :cheers:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Soulspeed of course typically does great work.

Winding Road in N Austin will also do a top notch job, for a correspondingly top notch price.

Lately I've been using Direct Tire ATX, are setup in mobile trailer, and they actually bring the tires, and tire mount and balance equipment to your car (at home or at work), which makes the appointments easier.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Soulspeed of course typically does great work.

Winding Road in N Austin will also do a top notch job, for a correspondingly top notch price.

Lately I've been using Direct Tire ATX, are setup in mobile trailer, and they actually bring the tires, and tire mount and balance equipment to your car (at home or at work), which makes the appointments easier.
Useful info, NightmareMoon.

Thanks. :cheers:

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You guys also recommend Soulspeed for alignments? Someone that actually knows how to align an S550 GT would be a plus. I'm going to need one soon after my springs settle a little.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't specifically used SoulSpeed for a Mustang alignment, but yeah I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

I've used JC Auto Spec in Round Rock a couple of times on my current car, even had them slot the struts to get more than factory camber, and they've always done it right.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yes, I have used Colin for alignment.
As a former tire engineer, I can assure you he knows what he is doing and have and would trust my life in his work and attention to detail.
He has years providing trackside technical support services to cars 10X the cost of a stang, yet he is super down to earth. Expect to see a half dozen track only cars at his shop at any given time.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I haven't specifically used SoulSpeed for a Mustang alignment, but yeah I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

I've used JC Auto Spec in Round Rock a couple of times on my current car, even had them slot the struts to get more than factory camber, and they've always done it right.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to JC Auto Spec on Friday since my alignment is pretty straightforward and easy.
Sponsored