Sponsored

Time to say Goodbye to the Stang

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Well after 12 months I finally caved and realised I needed something more practical that allows me to actually use the back seats.

I agreed a deal on a new Focus RS today with Ford and the Stang will be traded in on Saturday assuming all checks and paperwork comes back ok etc. Got a fair trade in price and whilst worth more privately I just didn't want the bother of having to sell it.

Gutted to see it go as it has a been a great car but having had some troubles with it and always worrying about every mark here and there I realised it was time to say goodbye.

Hopefully the RS can be a bit of fun but I know I am going to miss the noise and feeling of the V8.

Guess I am joining the EcoBoost crowd now :(

Thanks for the fun times guys. Will fondly remember the Northampton meet and the back and forth as we all waited for cars to be delivered!
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well after 12 months I finally caved and realised I needed something more practical that allows me to actually use the back seats.

I agreed a deal on a new Focus RS today with Ford and the Stang will be traded in on Saturday assuming all checks and paperwork comes back ok etc. Got a fair trade in price and whilst worth more privately I just didn't want the bother of having to sell it.

Gutted to see it go as it has a been a great car but having had some troubles with it and always worrying about every mark here and there I realised it was time to say goodbye.

Hopefully the RS can be a bit of fun but I know I am going to miss the noise and feeling of the V8.

Thanks for the fun times guys. Will fondly remember the Northampton meet and the back and forth as we all waited for cars to be delivered!

Gutted to see you let it go pal....

Should have got this:
Michael-Shank-Racing-team-Riley-Technologies-Daytona-Prototype-car.JPG.jpg

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Hey you copied me, did the same, sold the Mustang and got an RS, have to say I miss the Mustang and do sometimes wish I still had her, the RS is a fast car but if i'm really honest it's just that to me nothing more, I've finally managed to give it a good beating today tho on a run to Doncaster and back, have to love the long straights and fast run ins on the round abouts on the A43....great road!!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
RS will be a great car. If I could only get the missus away from Minis...

OP
OP
Heretian

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to see I am not the only one making the switch. The RS really does seem to tick the boxes and it wasn't until deal was done did the Mrs say how much she hated having to try and fit things into the Mustang and how impractical it was. She kept it to herself as she knew I loved it but she is very happy the swap is going on lol.

I am sure I will probably buy another Mustang one day when funds allow. Probably not a new one but who knows once the S650 comes out :)

Sponsored

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
[MENTION=20570]Heretian[/MENTION], hey don't leave us hanging. What did you get for the trade in?

OP
OP
Heretian

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I managed to get £31k including exhaust as didn't want effort of removing it. Was £30.5k without it. That said I got screwed a bit as didnt pay attention and when they added the exhaust to trade in he didn't reapply my discount so I lost out on £300 there so all in I got £200 for a full Milltek Cat-back. Trying to have a word tomorrow as just redid numbers at home and I wondered why it didn't add up. Going to try and get the extended warranty thrown on for free to cover the gap. Doubt I will get it though.

In all it held value fairly well. I paid £36.3k for it and got 12 months out of it. Lost less than the VAT. I am sure they will sell it for considerably more but that's dealers for you.

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
I managed to get £31k.
Considering new cars are supposed to lose half their value the moment they are driven off the dealer forecourt that was an amazing deal. :)

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Yeah you gotta consider what was paid for the RS? Full retail? If so trade in pricing is illusory.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The only acceptable downgrade - the focus RS! Sad to see you got mate but stay involved here and get that RS to some meets!

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Considering new cars are supposed to lose half their value the moment they are driven off the dealer forecourt that was an amazing deal. :)
Not sure if serious... modern cars tend to lose 50% over 3 years (thereabouts) and you lose the VAT on leaving (20%).

There are some horrendous offenders - there's a Jeep that loses 80% in three years etc, but the Mustang is supposed to lose the 20% and 50% according to finance quotes I've seen.
£31k is great after a year. I suspect that won't continue for long.

OP
OP
Heretian

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure I'll come along to some things. I'm still really torn and struggling with letting go but know it's the right decision. The RS just looks like it ticks the boxes for what I need in the next few years. I'm sure I'll buy another Mustang later on.

I did get some discount on the RS but not much. They sell for retail and even brokers couldn't get me a price below.

On a brighter note, trading it in did mean I tried out Line Lock last night at a meet. Lots of smoke :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure I'll come along to some things. I'm still really torn and struggling with letting go but know it's the right decision. The RS just looks like it ticks the boxes for what I need in the next few years. I'm sure I'll buy another Mustang later on.

I did get some discount on the RS but not much. They sell for retail and even brokers couldn't get me a price below.

On a brighter note, trading it in did mean I tried out Line Lock last night at a meet. Lots of smoke :)
"oh you have the car.. okay.. time to line lock and do some burnouts"

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Be care if you haven't sold your Mustang or got a price, first thing Ford main dealers do is check to see if you've used linelock.