Sponsored

Time to #replacethegrenade with a ProCharger Aluminum Coolant tank for 2015 Mustangs!

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
The thing that is strange about this conversation is how telling it is of the ages of people who buy Mustangs...LOL. Believe it or not, there was a time when overflow tanks weren't used, let alone clear, and the only way to check coolant levels was to remove the cap.
Sponsored

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I would love this if it didn't say procharger on it, I can just already hear the people whining at car shows with that.

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
Removing the cap on a degas bottle is not dangerous at all, there is always air in the top of the bottle that will rush out as you loosen it and nobody gets hurt.

In the days of having an actual radiator cap, directly under the cap was pressurized hot coolant just waiting to convert to steam and hurt you, the new systems are different.

Nice looking product, but my two cents would share the sentiment that having the logo under the hood without a blower would be a bit awkward.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
I would love this if it didn't say procharger on it, I can just already hear the people whining at car shows with that.
That's one of the reasons iam considering it over the others. I love listening to stupid "car" guys at the shows.The pro charger name and a 4 cyl under the hood they'll be so confused:lol:

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
Any chance of posting a video on instalation? I would buy this, I'm just not a wrench turner.......but am willing to learn. Price and asthetics looks very appealing.

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Any chance of posting a video on instalation? I would buy this, I'm just not a wrench turner.......but am willing to learn. Price and asthetics looks very appealing.
I moved my coolant tank out of the way while I was installing my intake last weekend. Trust me when I say no video necessary. Pop your hood when you get the chance and check it out, literally two bolts and 3 hoses to disconnect and reconnect on the new one.

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I moved my coolant tank out of the way while I was installing my intake last weekend. Trust me when I say no video necessary. Pop your hood when you get the chance and check it out, literally two bolts and 3 hoses to disconnect and reconnect on the new one.
What about draining?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
What about draining?
The fluid will drain out of the hose on the bottom, so just tilt it back when you disconnect that tube and have some towels ready. Then just dump the fluid into the new one once all the tubes are reconnected. Or you could use a hand pump to take the fluid out of the original tank before you disconnect any hoses.

Also make sure the engine is cold.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Maybe, then again people like myself would think its cool. :)

Id rather have the "ProCharger" logo under my hood. Then some random company nobody has heard of. :cheers:

Obviously ProCharger makes this part for their supercharger system, and is just offering it up for others to enjoy as well. So I can't see them wanting to take the time, or stock parts for a second version of it with no logo.

Its super super easy. As another member said, (2) bolts and (3) hoses.
Since you are not cutting anything, just put the hoses back in the same location, fill the unit back up with coolant, and you are DONE! :)

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
So you guys have a pic of this mounted would like to see to what that looks like. Thanks.Tim
If you ask me - I am still waiting that the one with the level glass gets produced. :gossip: