Sponsored

Thunder_Horse Black GT

Thunder_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi All,

Thought that i would start my own build thread as i have quite a few mods planned. Have owned the GT for a week now having placed my order at the end of November. This is my first Mustang but have wanted one for years and when i saw they were being released in RHD i just had to get one.
Am a big hot hatch fan coming from a 360bhp MK7 Golf R, have owned many including 205 GTi (1.6), Clio 16v, Clio V6, Starlet Glanza and many in between. This is my second V8 as a few years back I had a V8 Vantage, the Mustang feels huge in comparison!

Here are a few pics:

Current mods are just the window louvers and the Roush shifter. Have a Corsa Extreme catback going on tomorrow then then the plan for next week is to fit KW coilovers and wheel spacers along with a few other cosmetic bits.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to seeing all the mods :D

Slinky

Almost Ordered.....
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a Daily
Going to keep it an all black theme or are you looking to add an accent colour ?

OP
OP
Thunder_Horse

Thunder_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Going to keep it an all black theme or are you looking to add an accent colour ?
Keeping it all black for the moment although am fond of the look of the Hertz GT-H so some gold stripes may find themselves onto the car in the coming months. Long term plan is to change the hood for a super snake style one so may hold out until that's done.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Keeping it all black for the moment although am fond of the look of the Hertz GT-H so some gold stripes may find themselves onto the car in the coming months. Long term plan is to change the hood for a super snake style one so may hold out until that's done.
Anderson Composites just released a full carbon Super Snake hood. :headbang:

OP
OP
Thunder_Horse

Thunder_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Anderson Composites just released a full carbon Super Snake hood. :headbang:
Yes i saw that one, not sure if carbon and black go that well together though so am thinking of going for the cheaper FRP version and having it painted.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes i saw that one, not sure if carbon and black go that well together though so am thinking of going for the cheaper FRP version and having it painted.
Well, gloss black, gloss black Carbon, should go well... Hard to find a decent image, regardless, can always just paint the CF in black, then at least provides a weight loss benefit ;)

0836-gloss-carbon-fiber-vinyl-wrap.jpg

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OFFTOPIC Didn´t knew that a M3 could mount sunroof with carbon fibre roof as standard.....
That'd be a wrap I believe. Think the bonnet is as well now looking at it - but gets the general premise across, couldn't find an actual gloss black car with a gloss carbon fibre bonnet in my speedy google search ;)!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Thunder_Horse

Thunder_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That'd be a wrap I believe. Think the bonnet is as well now looking at it - but gets the general premise across, couldn't find an actual gloss black car with a gloss carbon fibre bonnet in my speedy google search ;)!
This is one i have seen on the Shelby GT, love this style of bonnet also but unsure of the contrast between black and carbon.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This is one i have seen on the Shelby GT, love this style of bonnet also but unsure of the contrast between black and carbon.

I like it, but it runs with the Carbon down the splitter. THe chrome on the front looks hideous :(.

End of the day, comes down to your preferences don't it :)!

OP
OP
Thunder_Horse

Thunder_Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does work well with the carbon splitter. As cool as a carbon splitter is I dread to think how well it will fear up against stone chips after a few months.

Agreed, chrome grill does look pony.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Does work well with the carbon splitter. As cool as a carbon splitter is I dread to think how well it will fear up against stone chips after a few months.

Agreed, chrome grill does look pony.

Wrap or dip it instead :thumbsup::lol: (although, as some have mentioned, not sure how real CF v Wrap CF v Dip CF looks... might end up being Frankenstein....)

mkforks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang v8 r/h/d to come
what make are those side window louvres ?
and how do they fit ????
Sponsored