dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Hi All,

Just replaced my PP2 spoiler (that I made no drill) with a track pack spoiler. The new spoiler did require I drill holes and mount via bolts. There's six bolts total. I already installed but now wonder if I should have used some loctite or something to keep them secure? Should I go back and add it or do you think I'm good? Thanks for your advice.

Mike
Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Hi All,

Just replaced my PP2 spoiler (that I made no drill) with a track pack spoiler. The new spoiler did require I drill holes and mount via bolts. There's six bolts total. I already installed but now wonder if I should have used some loctite or something to keep them secure? Should I go back and add it or do you think I'm good? Thanks for your advice.

Mike
I used the blue loctite when I installed my spoiler. Good piece of mind.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Thanks. Yeah I can go back and do it I suppose but just a little bit of a pita lol.
Be careful with the screws, they strip easy.

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
More reason why maybe I should leave as is??
As long as you did not overtighten it the first time you should be good, they do not like being taken on and off.

OP
OP

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
As long as you did not overtighten it the first time you should be good, they do not like being taken on and off.
I think I should just run as is for a few months, see if it loosens at all, and if it does, then do something. I'd hate to remove them and cause an issue.

PS. Knowing me I probably went a bit over tight.

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
More reason why maybe I should leave as is??
When I first got my 16’ I installed an MMD by Foose spoiler. It came with screws and tape. I then elected to replace it with a Shelby GT Drake spoiler. The tape had stuck on so well it was a real pain to remove. I could have just used the tape and it probably would have been fine. If this is your case I would think that threadlocker would be overkill.
Sponsored