Thoughts on fake air scoops

Firststang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 magnetic grey mustang 5.0 gt
So I have had my 2015 gt for about 8 months now and am about to get an exaust as my first mod. But while I was trolling the internet I came across the Mmd by Foose side scoops for the rear quarter Windows and side panels. Also liked the Roush hood scoop. They made the cars pictured look incredible, however I'm thinking non functional abs plastic may look cheap in person.
Have any of you purchased, installed and lived with these cosmetic mods?
Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
ive seen a few cars with them, and it was enough for me to know I wont buy them for my car.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I don't like "fake scoops", but they keep coming back, so a lot of people seem to like them.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Do they bolt on after ya cut holes in yer hood ?

Well then why bother with Fake ?

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Um fake scoops as you would call them have literally been around since the mustang was born and will continue to be around. I have had them on every mustang I've owned and they certainly don't hurt performance nor do they look cheap . It's a Personal thing just like stripes are but to me nothing says mustang look stripes and window scoops

Sponsored

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Would it create more aerodynamic drag since the air has no pass through?

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
lol, OP you missed the multi page fight about this last week.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I have mine and I love them. I chose the Cervinis lower side scoops and I feel they set the car off nicely. I'm not worried about drag but I don't see it as a problem because the are very close to the sides of the car. The scoops have been around since the beginning and have been both functional and non functional so it's a personal thing. Just do what you want and show your car off. Even if a mod isn't something I'd choose I still love what people do with their cars because it shows their enthusiam for the Mustang and this hobby.
316552681308fa73fda800dab7a88b47.jpg
63db2843cfe31e50cc66db56cff99a57.jpg
d6c94cf8efc3d36e6a39846438fce4ad.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
One of the iconic looks in Mustang design is the "hockey stick" along the side. This is one of the few designs that doesn't include that look. Throw a side scoop on and you've got that classic Mustang design.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I dont understand why guys ask what do u think about xxxxx,like they need validation from someone eles before they buy something they like.Its your car,if its something u really like buy it and dont worry about what anyone eles thinks.U make yourself happy not someone eles.

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
I dont understand why guys ask what do u think about xxxxx,like they need validation from someone eles before they buy something they like.Its your car,if its something u really like buy it and dont worry about what anyone eles thinks.U make yourself happy not someone eles.
People ask for opinions all the time. Natural. "Do you like xx exhaust?" "Did you like the new xx movie?" "What did you think of xx restaurant?" Most people ask for opinions/read reviews on something before parting with their money.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
there are ALOT of roush and cervini scoop haters here. it doesn't matter what they think truthfully. These are tasteful mods. They aren't something ridiculous so if you like it, do it.

i'm in a constant battle myself between roush and cervini scoops.

skeeter

MAGA
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradford
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
there are ALOT of roush and cervini scoop haters here. it doesn't matter what they think truthfully. These are tasteful mods. They aren't something ridiculous so if you like it, do it.

i'm in a constant battle myself between roush and cervini scoops.
If you pick one or the other go for the whole kit. I think for the body add ons the whole kit is needed to get that pop.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
dont forget to get your pair of stick on hood heat extractors!!

Sponsored