Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
So how long until they announce the s550 Boss mustang?
I'm pretty sure the Mach 1 replaces a new Boss model. Gen 5 had the Boss for the last two model years, and with Gen 7 starting MY2023 I guess the Mach 1 could be last special model for Gen 6.

If, as was indicated yesterday, Mach 1 is going global, it'll require a front tow hook, at least for European cars. To save costs, I suspect Ford will only build one front fascia style (with the plug for the hook).
Excatly, EU Mustangs always had the tow hook. I actually never realizied US models don't have that until this discussion here. Seems like Ford is learning that building one part for all markets is saving a lot of money. Will be interesting to see what they will they do for Gen 7 to not have to build two different rear lights again.
mustang_towhook.jpg
Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
For all the griping, no one seems to realize that Ford is putting out a car that will be great in all racing styles and still have the appeal to the average person to justify production. Ford said this is going to be price close to the Bullitt but by the time the dealers get done, all the gewgaws boxes will get checked. Luckily, I get to check it out tomorrow and see it run on the track. Anyone who can make it to Tulsa, should try to make it for a three day weekend..

The idea of a Shaker Hood sounds nice, but is not practical and would add a big cost. I was hoping they would figure a way to make NACA scoops that would fit in the existing vent openings, but the decal is nice and is going on my hood.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
The front wheel well fender guardy thingies would be a good add on for PP2 cars with the stock wheels.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I want those exhaust tips!
Me too :). But doubt they'd just slide over our active exhaust mufflers, no? Unless that's the case, will leave them alone. Not going to cut anything myself.

Actual rev-match will change engine RPM the moment you tickle a shift gate.
That's EXACTLY how my Bullitt works... and all other cars I've driven with that system, including the pioneer, which was the 2009 Nissan 370Z. The 'blip' has to be commensurate with the gear you're choosing. Go from 4th to 3rd, and the blip is less than if you go from 4th to 2nd at the same speed. Try it :D. The computer makes it perfectly every time.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
That grills gotta go.
It looks like it's basically an EcoBoost grille with two rond whatever those turn out to be thingies added to it. So if you don't like those you can swap it for a painted EcoBoost grille and stay with the original theme of the car and the wide honeycomb pattern that's also featured in the lower grilles.

First thing I did when I got my GT was swap an EB grille in it, because I think it looks way better than the GT one. I'm probably the only one on the planet who thinks that way, but I find it rather funny how the final grand master edition of the 5.0's ends up with an EB grille as well.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Oh, and GRABBER YELLOW! :sunglasses:
Can't wait to see that, although if it's anything like the original shade it's probably not my taste. I don't like pale yellows, as a matter of fact I think Triple Yellow is already too pale. But then again Grabber might suit this car because of the historic touch, which has to be appreciated if only already for nostalgic reasons.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If it stays true to the original Grabber Yellow, it'll look like this :)
Grabber Yellow Mach 1.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
With S650 due for the '23MY, I can't see them doing any more special edition/limited editions for S550.
I would agree to that. Considering the financial doodoo Ford was in already (and which has been greatly amplified by this Corona misery) I think we should count our blessings that this Mach 1 has actually emerged. Any further even more performance oriented and therefore expensive and limited sales editions that might have been in the making have now probably been binned. GT PP2 and GT350 will be axed by the end of 2020 and GT500 and Mach 1 are it for the final two model years of S550. They are both worthy final editions in my book.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Just bring it to the UK in RHD as is. Don't start putting faux gas caps on, changing colour of rear lights, changing the exhaust etc etc. And the excuse that following EU regulations won't wash anymore as the UK is out.
Export is ONE spec globally. They are not going to bother with a 3rd spec just for the UK. So unfortunately it will get the stupid GPF in the exhaust, the stupid clear tail lights and stupid large Dumbo mirrors. The only thing that will most likely not be changed is the decklid panel.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For Europe I think if this come here it will be the last pure V8 without hybrid powerplant of course apart from the regular GTs which at the moment is not of interest for me.
This makes it a very interesting proposition from many aspects.

This is the closest thing we get to a GT350 in Europe as we don't even have the PP2. Having a car with full factory 5 year warranty(assuming it will be the same as the regular GTs), with the tremec, with coolers, with increased down force etc makes it very interesting.
We don't unfortunately get the 1LE here either as it is an awesome value propositon with regards to having a dynamic car. Even if it comes in at 60K euro it would still be cheaper than an M2 Comp, Cayman S, A45S, M3/M4, C63, Corvette etc etc

Again then I might get it depending on the price as I would have to have a second car and knowing myself I cannot drive around in a crapp car as a daily

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Limited they state, wonder what pricing/mark ups we will have. I like it just not a fan of the decals/stickers.
Wish they kept the GT350 made it about 7 grand cheaper. :D

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
First thing I did when I got my GT was swap an EB grille in it, because I think it looks way better than the GT one. I'm probably the only one on the planet who thinks that way, but I find it rather funny how the final grand master edition of the 5.0's ends up with an EB grille as well.
But for that you have to wait if this is actually the MY2021 frontend, since the upper grille in the Mach 1 here has a slightly different shape than the 18 grille.

For Europe I think if this come here it will be the last pure V8 without hybrid powerplant of course apart from the regular GTs which at the moment is not of interest for me.
This makes it a very interesting proposition from many aspects.

This is the closest thing we get to a GT350 in Europe as we don't even have the PP2. Having a car with full factory 5 year warranty(assuming it will be the same as the regular GTs), with the tremec, with coolers, with increased down force etc it makes it very interesting.
We don't unfortunately get the 1LE here either as it is an awesome value propositon with regards to having a dynamic car. Even if it comes in at 60K euro it would still be cheaper than an M2 Comp, Cayman S, A45S, M3/M4, C63, Corvette etc etc

Again then I might get it depending on the price as I would have to have a second car and knowing myself I cannot drive around in shitbox as a daily
Yeah, that are my thoughts too. It surely will be last pure V8 that Ford will offer in the Mustang here. Only downside is imho that if they go for the same tuning as the EU Bullitt we will be stuck with 529Nm, which is just not as impressive to drive as it could be. But it would be the first trackready Mustang in Europe (we don't get Shelbys, PP2, etc), so maybe it's the first Mustang here with a good sporty ride from the factory.

If they offer the Mach 1 with Handling package here, I will give it some thoughts. Otherwise I will most likely save for the EU C8, since the EU Coyote engine as it is now is a downgrade from my current car :lipssealed:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure how much of downgrade it acually is compare to the SS in EU.
My trap speeds where more or less the same as the US counterpart GTs at least for the A10 eventhough being down on NM and HP compared to the US spec.
I had planned to dyno mine but never got to it before we separated from eachother

But agreed! If it does not comes with the handling pack....

But for that you have to wait if this is actually the MY2021 frontend, since the upper grille in the Mach 1 here has a slightly different shape than the 18 grille.

Yeah, that are my thoughts too. It surely will be last pure V8 that Ford will offer in the Mustang here. Only downside is imho that if they go for the same tuning as the EU Bullitt we will be stuck with 529Nm, which is just not as impressive to drive as it could be. But it would be the first trackready Mustang in Europe (we don't get Shelbys, PP2, etc), so maybe it's the first Mustang here with a good sporty ride from the factory.

If they offer the Mach 1 with Handling package here, I will give it some thoughts. Otherwise I will most likely save for the EU C8, since the EU Coyote engine as it is now is a downgrade from my current car :lipssealed:

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I am not sure how much of downgrade it acually is compare to the SS in EU.
My trap speeds where more or less the same as the US counterpart GTs at least for the A10 eventhough being down on NM and HP compared to the US spec.
I had planned to dyno mine but never got to it before we separated from eachother

But agreed! If it does not comes with the handling pack....
Without going too deep here, I got a 4.3s to 100kph in my manual. From what I see online most EU GTs have real struggle to perform under 5s - Mostly because Ford is only offering the non performance axle ratio for manuals for unknown reasons. And 617 Nm to 529 Nm is a pretty big difference. For US models all tests pretty much show how on par both cars have became since the 18 refresh.
C8 with the crazy performance from standing still would be a huge upgrade, but of course a really expensive one.
But still, I will give the Mach 1 some thoughts when it's announced for Europe. Really love the aggressive look of the Handling package. And the 69 Mach 1 is my absolutely favorite Mustang ever, so having a real Mach 1 is exiting.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thats a good time regardless :D

I did manage a best of 4.44 with 2% uphill :)
4.21 with 1ft roll-out on the street, spun on 1-2-3.

But yes 100NM is quite substantial...
The C8 will be way to expensive for me. I might jump on a used 718 GTS with the 6cylinder NA depending on how things pan out

Screenshot_20200617-130134_dragy.jpg

Without going too deep here, I got a 4.3s to 100kph in my manual. From what I see online most EU GTs have real struggle to perform under 5s - Mostly because Ford is only offering the non performance axle ratio for manuals for unknown reasons. And 617 Nm to 529 Nm is a pretty big difference. For US models all tests pretty much show how on par both cars have became since the 18 refresh.
C8 with the crazy performance from standing still would be a huge upgrade, but of course a really expensive one.
But still, I will give the Mach 1 some thoughts when it's announced for Europe. Really love the aggressive look of the Handling package. And the 69 Mach 1 is my absolutely favorite Mustang ever, so having a real Mach 1 is exiting.
Sponsored

Last edited: