This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

Elp_jc

Reaction score
First Name
JC
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K7979, MR, Nav, B&O, Cover
The front grille is absolutely hideous, but hopefully it can be replaced easily with a regular one. The hood decal is ridiculous too, but you can order the car without it. Or just remove it. I'm not a fan of spoilers, so the huge rear piece would be a problem for me, but I assume most folks looking for a PP2 car like that one, like the 'boy racer' look :D. At least it comes with PS4S tires, and not cup, like regular PP2s. And for those who prefer a Tremec over a Getrag (not me), it also comes with one... as well as an auto. The only thing left to know if it's worth for the price, is the damn price. Ha ha. But my guess is Ford dealers will make the same stupid mistake they made with Bullitts, which is ask for the moon for them initially. But that's why I could buy mine cheap, so I didn't mind. Ha ha. But it's simply not a good business decision IMO. We'll find out soon enough :).

Advertisement

stangman638

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Oh and the MSRP on my 19' PP2 was close to 52k. No way this ride fully pimped out is under that. Slap some ADM and you're easily in 60s.
Easily in the 60s and you aint getting that gt350.... your getting a rebranded bullit with a tremec .. and thats if you chose to go manual. I bet ford is going to make more profit in the mach 1... alot more profit.. over the gt350

stang-man

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
I like the car. Looks good. Sounds like the PP2 might also be gone based on the way they talk about the specs. As for tranny, will have to wait an see. Sounds good but they could still be making a cheap unit.

Wonder how many of the Mach 1 parts will be able to just bolt up to other Mustangs?

Grill is nice and I like the additional coolers. The fake fogs are ugly but I bet there will be either a Ford or aftermarket swap for real fog lamps. With so much already coming with the car, they need to sell something over the counter as a dealer option. They will make some sort of illumination package and add them. Either that or when it is time for a refresh, they will add them then.

I will say I wish they made a dark blue metallic instead of the Velocity Blue. The Kona is too purple for me. Just want a dark blue. Also, I prefer my Ruby red metallic over race red. Race red looks too much like enamel nail polish to me. I want a car with depth in its paint. enamels without translucent layers and metal flake do not have depth. Also, the yellow and orange might not have much depth but I do think the car will look great in both of those colors. The white is cool too.

In the end, there is not enough there for me to sell my '19 GT PP2 to get a Mach 1. I will also bet the cost will be stupid high for what you get. 20 hp is barely felt and hardly changes the stats. Only a good driver will be able to eek out a difference between the PP2 and the Mach 1 and I am not a good driver. Add a diff cooler and the PP2 is a steal.
Would like to see performance blue ... relly like that color

Medsport

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I almost mentioned that in some photos, it looked like they were actual holes, but I figured it might be just the lighting (they may have not even been removed, but neat that they can be).
Well that sounds more like it as I would just open them up. They may be a little too big to leave open all the time though. Now if you could just get the Recaros with the heat/cool option. The styling does look better than the regular GT, but I still like the looks of the Challenger better.

angermgmt14

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
If they were using GT350 bits couldn't they have at least gave us a flat bottom steering wheel? :bandit:

Mustangpursuit

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Why does Ford insist on gloss black plastic, ONLY for the upper grille...? Who the hell is designing it that way and who hurt them?
Cannot tell by the photos or videos to confirm, but also does the center lower grill color not even match the side air curtain vents, looks lighter and more grey than the darker black side vents along with the gloss top grill?

Makes me admire my GT/CS grill pieces more, both are gloss. and I have a steeda front bumper, and might have the satin side vents refinished to gloss.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
If they were using GT350 bits couldn't they have at least gave us a flat bottom steering wheel? :bandit:
Good point and great idea. They could have spiffed up the interior a little bit more than just the dashboard trim panels and splash screen.

noac

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
A cool car good job Ford. I say sit back and wait for 2022. Love the trans change.

Mustangpursuit

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Should have thrown in a discount of maybe 2K for the GT350R brake package as an option (cheaper than the stand alone FP kit), just like Dodge and the Dynamics Package you can get for Scat Packs.

robsilveri

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mach 1, 18 GT
Any confirmation on what tires they've offered on the Handling Pack. They look like Pilot Sport Cups to me - what size though?

CarbonzillaUS

Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So they made a reverse creamsicle with nothing really special for $10K more than mine? Pass, I’ll stick with Kermit.

saleen367

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2 Kona Blue 2015 Focus Titanium
Sad to say, I was really looking forward to this vehicle "thinking" it was a 350 "replacement"(read new and improved), but the power numbers are an enormous letdown for me. Ford is basically telling us our 2021 track car is about the same as it was in 2016 minus 46HP, is heavier and costs more than the original GT350. Oh and don't forget the ADM's.

Advertisement

50 - Livernois - 2

Advertisement