Sponsored

Thinking of the Unimaginable

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
I have 3 kids in boosters. The only problem I have is the narrow Recaro passenger seat. Have you looked at the Diono Radian seats? They're just about the smallest footprint convertible out there. They are heavy as hell and not cheap; but they may do the trick.
Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
It's been 7 months since my daughter was born and I couldn't be happier to spend time with her every day. My wife drops her off at her Nanny and I pick her up on the way home every day. Being a dad has me thinking in a different light and I want to be able to enjoy my Shelby, but given that the backseat doesn't fit our carseat (or two others that I've tried), I'm finding it harder and harder to do so.

I would never tell her that she was the reason for parting ways with my Shelby, but given that I'm not driving it and won't be for the next 4-5 years.. I'm starting to think its time to move on.. I've had the Shelby for two years now and have only managed to put 3k miles on it which, to me, is just sad for me AND for the car. It's a car that begs to be driven and I feel like I'm letting it down in a sense..

For those of you that have been in a similar situation, how did you manage? Did you find a way to make it work? Did you end up parting ways with your Shelby? If so, what did you move on to? I'm really at a loss because there's no other car I'd rather be driving but if I'm going to be spending this kind of money on a car, I'd rather have one I can actually enjoy WITH my family and not just for quick runs to the store to buy diapers by myself.. Any thoughts are appreciated (even the negative ones that don't contribute to a solution, because I know its inevitable with forums).
Well this is not Yellow Bullet.com so I will keep my opinions about adoption to myself.

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
My kids 7 and 5 scream shelby!! everytime they see it parked when I'm picking them up, like the whole school needs to know what they drive lol, too bad I rarely make back in time from work to pick them up .

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's been 7 months since my daughter was born and I couldn't be happier to spend time with her every day. My wife drops her off at her Nanny and I pick her up on the way home every day. Being a dad has me thinking in a different light and I want to be able to enjoy my Shelby, but given that the backseat doesn't fit our carseat (or two others that I've tried), I'm finding it harder and harder to do so.

I would never tell her that she was the reason for parting ways with my Shelby, but given that I'm not driving it and won't be for the next 4-5 years.. I'm starting to think its time to move on.. I've had the Shelby for two years now and have only managed to put 3k miles on it which, to me, is just sad for me AND for the car. It's a car that begs to be driven and I feel like I'm letting it down in a sense..

For those of you that have been in a similar situation, how did you manage? Did you find a way to make it work? Did you end up parting ways with your Shelby? If so, what did you move on to? I'm really at a loss because there's no other car I'd rather be driving but if I'm going to be spending this kind of money on a car, I'd rather have one I can actually enjoy WITH my family and not just for quick runs to the store to buy diapers by myself.. Any thoughts are appreciated (even the negative ones that don't contribute to a solution, because I know its inevitable with forums).
Make your grocery runs a little longer than visiting the nearest store. This may be your first child but your wife and yourself will want to think about splitting the time where you have an hour to yourself and she can have an hour to herself to go get her nails done or whatever the case is. There is nothing wrong with you enjoying an hour cruising with the Shelby or any car. If you want to know how I know, PM and I'll tell you why it's fine. Any how, 4-5 years will go by really quick anyways. Pay off the car and enjoy it later on in life or whenever you can.

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
OP, Iā€™m in the same boat. I had a GT350 Track Pack when I just had my newborn son. Then I found a MSRP deal on an R in ā€˜17 when I think most of us thought the ADMā€™s were here to stay and selfishly flipped cars. Now I have another newborn son and no back seat in the R. Iā€™ve thought of selling it for a Trackhawk as our weekend run around since Iā€™m not putting many miles on the R. Iā€™m not hurting for money so at this point I think Iā€™ll just hold onto it.

geepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 WRX STI Launch Ed, '03 SVT Cobra (RIP)
I had a similar issue. I would suggest getting a cheap daily and set the Shelby to the side. I had a civic till they got a bit older. Once she can do front facing , you are good. I drove 3 boys every morning on to school/day car in a convertible cobra till they were in high school. They were cramped at times but loved the car. I recall putting the rear facing seat in my car once in a while

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
OP, Iā€™m in the same boat. I had a GT350 Track Pack when I just had my newborn son. Then I found a MSRP deal on an R in ā€˜17 when I think most of us thought the ADMā€™s were here to stay and selfishly flipped cars. Now I have another newborn son and no back seat in the R. Iā€™ve thought of selling it for a Trackhawk as our weekend run around since Iā€™m not putting many miles on the R. Iā€™m not hurting for money so at this point I think Iā€™ll just hold onto it.

Iā€™m trying to be as sensible as possible and agree that I could purchase another daily like others have suggested. At the end of the day it comes down to a change in priorities, my daughter is my world now and cars are going to have to hold distant second place.

I traded the Shelby in today for a BMW M3. Hope you all have a blast driving your Shelbyā€™s and maybe Iā€™ll be back this board in 5 or 6 years when sheā€™s older. Cheers!

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
^ Please post pics and provide your driving impressions of the car! I love me some German engineering.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
///MPower

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Called it. ;-)

Enjoy the M3 - not as raw or engaging as the Shelby, IMO, but a great performance car that can also do family duty quite well.
Sponsored