Sponsored

Thinking of buying Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-Brace on my GT 'vert PP1 EU

rzoltek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, Harley Superglide, Glastron Bayflite, Yamaha XT225, Yamaha Grizzly,
I can't seem to find a simple strut tower brace for a 2017 V6.
What is different about my V6 prohibiting either GT or Eco strut tower brace from proper fitment?
Anybody have success?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I can't seem to find a simple strut tower brace for a 2017 V6.
What is different about my V6 prohibiting either GT or Eco strut tower brace from proper fitment?
Anybody have success?
Robert - based on my notes, the strut tower brace won't fit on the V6 because of the lack of clearance, it hits the hood.

Let me investigate further.

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Confirmed - no STB for the V6 due to the intake offset and height.

TJ

OP
OP
pardoneo

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
Difficult to describe other than to say that it made a big difference to the car, specifically a notable reduction of scuttle shake, almost eliminated vibration through the steering on rough roads and the body feels stiffer when cornering.

People will probably try to call BS on those remarks, as I did when I read someone else posting it on this forum, but I'm glad to have done the mods, it has made it a better car to drive.
Finally just ordered both things from Steeda! Hoping to enjoy the same sensations you recall, as the shaky jelly feeling is a bit annoying in our convertibles....

OP
OP
pardoneo

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys,
Installed this past weekend both steeda jacking rails and gtrac K brace. Installation took me nearly two hours in a DIY box with a friend, not as easy as I thought, but nevertheless fun.

The car has significantly improved, not in handling (the steering wheel is as floaty and as electric assisted as always ) but the woobly jelly horizontal shake that you get on the vert when crossing over a road joint has (nearly) vanished. Not completely, but it is now present only on big joints that truly shake the car.

Very very happy. The car should come like this stock. Remember that I have also the FP upper strut tower brace (sold in the EU by the dealers, which is in fact that of the GT350R)

Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Did the BMR front brace KYBs Adjustable Yellow shocks W/ Ford Racing springs all around and BMR front and rear sway bars.Also did the Jacking rails. Also installing the Steeda X pipe next.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys,
Installed this past weekend both steeda jacking rails and gtrac K brace. Installation took me nearly two hours in a DIY box with a friend, not as easy as I thought, but nevertheless fun.

The car has significantly improved, not in handling (the steering wheel is as floaty and as electric assisted as always ) but the woobly jelly horizontal shake that you get on the vert when crossing over a road joint has (nearly) vanished. Not completely, but it is now present only on big joints that truly shake the car.

Very very happy. The car should come like this stock. Remember that I have also the FP upper strut tower brace (sold in the EU by the dealers, which is in fact that of the GT350R)
Steeda appreciates your feedback & support - thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

Much appreciated.

Best Regards,

TJ

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
Do either the Steeda or BMR braces hinder getting to the oil pan drain bolt or does the oil hit on the brace and create a mess?
Know many braces will not work with an enlarged oil pan or headers for talking about a stock PP! set-up?

OP
OP
pardoneo

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do either the Steeda or BMR braces hinder getting to the oil pan drain bolt or does the oil hit on the brace and create a mess?
Know many braces will not work with an enlarged oil pan or headers for talking about a stock PP! set-up?
At least the one that I installed (Steeda) it does not interfier with the oil pan drain bolt and it is safely apart for the pan. If you are stock if will perfectly and safely fit, even PP1 or 2.
If you have different headers or the A10 auto tranny you will need to get the 2-point brace instead of the 4-point GTrac K-brace.

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
So to clarify, Do the US PP1 convertible cars come with a K brace similar to the Steeda Extreme or the BMR? Can anyone venture to speculate on whether the Steeda Extreme or the BMR would provide the best support?

Sponsored
OP
OP
pardoneo

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So to clarify, Do the US PP1 convertible cars come with a K brace similar to the Steeda Extreme or the BMR? Can anyone venture to speculate on whether the Steeda Extreme or the BMR would provide the best support?
No, the PP1 in US comes standard with the UPPER strut tower brace. The upper strut tower has two parts: the tower bar AND a black V brace that connects also both towers and the back side of the dashboard, just below the windshield.
Find here a pic of the GT350 strut tower brace as sold by Ford Performance (the one that I have):
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ed8AAOSwYmZXI3Mq/s-l300.jpg
In EU we have some parts from the PP1 as standard, in this case we have the black V brace but not the actual bar itself.

Then Steeda or BMR sells a lower 4point K brace (and Steeda also sells a 2 point for those that have not-OEM headers or an A10 Ecoboost). This lower brace is not included on any PP1, nor in USA nor in EU.

I have installed the upper Ford Performance GT350 strut tower brace + Steeda lower GTrac 4 point K brace + Steeda Jacking rails on my vert and the jelly horizontal shake on road joints have significantly been reduced. The car should come like this from stock. This shake is not present on the fastback, based on my 3 year ownership prior to switching it for the vert.

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Pardoneo,
Thanks for answering my question. That is what I initially thought but with different items and terminology described on this post I just wanted to make sure. If anyone is interested in any of the front braces offered I think this post describes most options available as well as the outcome after install.
Thanks again for clearing that up for me.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Changing my personal plate to "Money Pit" ............. :crazy: