Sponsored

TheSmokingTire One Take

soon2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon ecoboostPP
Thoughout I would post a link to the Thesmokingtire One Take of the Ecoboost Auto PP.

Matt Farah is a nut who loves this platform and is testing it on multiple trim levels. He comments on a lot of the qualities we like!

[ame]
Sponsored

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
His original review sounded like a V6 mustang review from 2005. Good to see his viewpoint has changed.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I think this is where the Ecoboost shines. Back tight/twisty roads with lots of switch backs etc. He stated that the GT had 160 more HP than an Ecoboost. :shrug: :headbonk:

kevg73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Glad to see he's so much more positive about it in this context, I was disappointed how negative he was in the willow springs video. Aside from the 160HP comment someone pointed out he also said it had the "sport seats" which it does not, but he said he liked them at least. Good news for anyone worried about the stock seats vs recaros.

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both of his reviews have been with the automatic too... When he's stated in both he'd rather have the manual... Kinda wonder why he didn't try the manual for the second video.

Sponsored

kevg73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Both of his reviews have been with the automatic too... When he's stated in both he'd rather have the manual... Kinda wonder why he didn't try the manual for the second video.
He had the manual EB at willow springs and said he quite liked it. They take whatever car the company gives them to review so they don't always get to pick exactly what they want.

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah you're right! It was the Randy Pobst motor trend review at willow springs that had the auto!

ECOKN815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang LX Hatch T-Tops
Glad to see he's so much more positive about it in this context, I was disappointed how negative he was in the willow springs video. Aside from the 160HP comment someone pointed out he also said it had the "sport seats" which it does not, but he said he liked them at least. Good news for anyone worried about the stock seats vs recaros.
Yea def a much better review this time around.

OP
OP

soon2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon ecoboostPP
I listen to TheSmokingTire podcasts. He has been talking about the ecoboost and always stated how much he and his crew love it. Hes a big mustang guy and is currently building his own mustang. Additionally, he has a crazy stage 3 fiesta st that he loves to rip around and takes on track days.

Hearing him confirm the ecoboost as a great suspension/handling plus the potential of the motor is great!

Sponsored
OP
OP

soon2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon ecoboostPP
They any good? Tried some musclecar and protouring podcasts...gave up, figuring the topic doesn't lend itself well to the format...
Their podcasts are the best available! I've listened to everyone of their casts since last summer.

It is very informative and I've learned so much from them. Their style matchs mine (track style, driver focused cars). They are the same guys from /Drive.

Check them out!

Dante

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB, Premium, Auto, PP, in DIB
I've been listening to TST for years now, the only other car podcast that I can stand is "Everyday Driver Car Debate". Not as fun as TST but they are smart guys and I like the format.

OP
OP

soon2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon ecoboostPP
I've been listening to TST for years now, the only other car podcast that I can stand is "Everyday Driver Car Debate". Not as fun as TST but they are smart guys and I like the format.
Yeah they are very experienced guys too. So when they say "oh that car is so much better than this one!" More than likely they are spot on.

Plus, the people they have on set for interviews are great! Often high profile people.

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Have you seen his Fox Body build? It's going to be pretty epic. He'll have it out at our Open House this June...

OP
OP

soon2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon ecoboostPP
Have you seen his Fox Body build? It's going to be pretty epic. He'll have it out at our Open House this June...
Yeah, that build is looking pretty tough and I bet it will ride/drive beautifully! Very impressive.
Sponsored