Sponsored

There goes the neighborhood

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
That post was meant to be tongue in cheek, but I think over 48 is old. I fit in that category by the way. I think when you start realizing you are a bit of a curmudgeon at times, you are probably old.

Seems like I wrote it pretty poorly! By regular TV I meant non-streaming, non-DVR where you say to the missus, "Golden Girls is on in 15 minutes! Want to watch?"
I definitely saw it as humor and chuckled. I can say my body feels every day of my 51 years. Just changed the wheels on the Mustang and I feel every pain. Ive seen it go from getting up to change the channel and see what on one of the 6 or so available to today where we are watching streaming shows on our phones.

This morning I watched some “Saturday Morning Cartoons”. Bugs Bunny and Friends (where Elmer still has a shotgun) and thought about the days when news was only available at certain times, weather was with the news only, and your check book was your balance. I guess progress has convenience but I miss the old days and the simplicity. Seems we got along a lot better then when nobody told us how awful the country is 24 hrs a day and made us feel like we had to choose sides. Oh well. Happy New Year!

Speaking of the Golden Girls, they are all gone now and it seems like all of our elders are passing by the day. Dan Reeves most recently.
Sponsored

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Was a whole different era back then in the car market, not really applicable to today's market honestly.
Seriously Joe? I took delivery of my car on 1-28-21.
So how much of a "different era back then" was it?
I personally know of an individual that payed $25K over for his car and that was before I even ordered my car.
Hell, dealers have been paying over MSRP just to resell with a higher ADM and yes, it was happening "back then" too.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Seriously Joe? I took delivery of my car on 1-28-21.
So how much of a "different era back then" was it?
I personally know of an individual that payed $25K over for his car and that was before I even ordered my car.
Hell, dealers have been paying over MSRP just to resell with a higher ADM and yes, it was happening "back then" too.
So I assume you ordered your car 3 or 4 months before that. Just in 2021 alone, the average new car price has increased 12.1% according to data from Kelly blue book. According to consumer reports data, used prices have gone up 30%+. Chip shortages, shipping bottlenecks, and inflation have caused a surge in demand while there simply aren't enough vehicles. So yes, if you in fact ordered your car in late 2020, the market is completely different as of today. Getting a somewhat rare and desired vehicle ordered in late 2020 at or near MSRP was much easier then.

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
So I assume you ordered your car 3 or 4 months before that. Just in 2021 alone, the average new car price has increased 12.1% according to data from Kelly blue book. According to consumer reports data, used prices have gone up 30%+. Chip shortages, shipping bottlenecks, and inflation have caused a surge in demand while there simply aren't enough vehicles. So yes, if you in fact ordered your car in late 2020, the market is completely different as of today. Getting a somewhat rare and desired vehicle ordered in late 2020 at or near MSRP was much easier then.
Bro, I couldn't care less how much of an ADM you payed for your car, you only have to justify it to yourself, not me.
Those cars where in as big demand then, as they are now. Don't kid yourself, there were also big ADMs on those cars back then when they first hit the dealers lots.

FYI Joe, the `20 and the `21 base price was $70,300. Your data is a bit skewed when applied to the GT500.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Bro, I couldn't care less how much of an ADM you payed for your car, you only have to justify it to yourself, not me.
Those cars where in as big demand then, as they are now. Don't kid yourself, there were also big ADMs on those cars back then when they first hit the dealers lots.

FYI Joe, the `20 and the `21 base price was $70,300. Your data is a bit skewed when applied to the GT500.
I give facts and stats, you give anecdotes. Good day sir.

Sponsored

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
I'm tired of the free car giveaway, if you buy merchandise on every YouTube, who use to be about the mustang community. Or you have the ones that buy the GT500 and don't even know how to drive them. They get beat every race and blame it on traction.

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
There is an influx of new youtubers overpaying for GT500's, ZL1's and Hellcats to try and start a youtube channel doing the same video's over and over again. 5 things I like/dislike, How much I paid..., etc, etc. I'm about over car youtube in general.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Probably one of the most interesting auto "figures" out there on the internet/tv these days.

You could show me the lineup of car guys from any TV station now and that would be my reaction, save Jay Leno.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
I love hoovie and the car wizard lol. I was super excited when I saw he got the gt500!

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My dealer had loaded one on the floor, 100k sticker. Sold it for 25k over. A 125k mustang, I would have never thought (and I could have bought two of my GT350s for that!)
Sponsored