Sponsored

The Swan Neck Wing Is On!

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Looks amazing. That CF is top notch! I do have a question though- Is there a functional reason why an apparent custom fastener and wrench is used instead of something more common like a hex or torx?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ultra high performance wing deserves only the finest in fastener hardware (which includes the installation tool) - does it not? The design is as good as it gets and extremely good looking too. The fastener/wrench combination encourages quicker tool engagement, eliminates camout (wouldn't want the wrench to slip out and scratch any of that fiber goodness, would we?), offers much increased surface area between the two which maximizes potential torque transfer, and this increased strength means that there is a higher torque available for removal as well.

All win in my book. And completely badass to boot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
HOT

Any idea how much downforce increase over oem cftp wing?
I’m not 100% sure on the CFTP data. But you can find the archetype info on the website. Www.archetyperacing.com
Looks awesome! Patiently waiting for mine. Any pics of the “stiletto” mount? What degree are you using?
I just have the engineering pics of the stiletto. It’s still finishing up machining. I’m at semi gangster, so 9 degrees roughly.
Whoa! Picnic table out back. Cool but not my cup of Oolong
I can dig it, but I’ve got a great place to put your cup of Earl Gray between track sessions...
What the site?
Www.archetyperacing.com
Ultra high performance wing deserves only the finest in fastener hardware (which includes the installation tool) - does it not? The design is as good as it gets and extremely good looking too. The fastener/wrench combination encourages quicker tool engagement, eliminates camout (wouldn't want the wrench to slip out and scratch any of that fiber goodness, would we?), offers much increased surface area between the two which maximizes potential torque transfer, and this increased strength means that there is a higher torque available for removal as well.

All win in my book. And completely badass to boot.
Yes yes yes! All of this. Not to mention now your adjustment of the wing takes 2 minutes and there is no need for any other tools. On adjustment you will get a positive click indicating each degree of change.
Sponsored