Sponsored

The new GT500 will have some serious competition...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
And you're assuming there isn't going to be one.

Only time will tell who's right.
No I'm not saying there isnt going to be one, I'm saying that there isn't any news or signs of one and nobody knows for sure. I want to hope so but like you said time will tell.
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Wow really? You act as if you know me personally.
First of all I have not increased the power of my car other than a tune and headers. If I was unhappy I would add a blower or turbos. But that not me because I like naturally aspirated. Always have.

Second, I upgraded my suspension components by replacing the stock rubber bushings to bearings and solid aluminum bushings. The reason I did this is to maintain the alignment setting, provide better handling and feedback. I also sanded all the components down smooth, painted or powdered coated them to my likings. Why does this offend you? It's my car.

Why is it wrong for me being a car mechanic and enthusiast to enjoy upgrading my car, truck or motorcycle?
If I had a gt500 with say 700+ hp I'd do the same. Wouldn't matter if it had 1000hp stock I'd still do something to it to please me.

No where did I say GM and dodge shouldn't have cars to bring to the market. My point is...ford is lacking. Meaning they have just one car to compete with and it's near it's life expectancy. GM on the other hand has taken the horse by the rains and brought the 1le, zl1, zl1 1le to market in less then 1 to 1.5 years. Ford at one time offered the boss 302 and gt500 at the same time. Not so at this time. Don't put words into my mouth and act like I'm cutting up on GM or dodge. I think ford needs to get its act together and respond. If you feel good about fords reaction good for you, but don't judge me for wanting more of a good thing.
If you think a bullit or Mach1 is going to keep up in the hp wars good luck because if history repeats, 5-15 more hp isn't shit in today's market.
Lol I never said there was anything wrong with modding your car, now you're putting words in my mouth and making your own assumptions. I'm not offended at all I've done a lot of work on mine too :shrug:

I should have made a distinction as I didn't intend to lump you upgrading the car, into meaning you weren't unhappy with it.

I want Ford to come out with some crazy halo GM/Dodge killer just as much as you do.

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Voodoo chill out man, don't forgot Ford motor co. Is a business. Being profitable is its top priority. Gt350's are still in high demand so there's really no reason for them to rush into the next SE mustang. The gt350 is the sweetest piece of machinery on the on the road for its price point so quit your complaining. Just sounds like you've bought the wrong car. Being on this forum has really been depressing lately with all this crying and complaining.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Voodoo chill out man, don't forgot Ford motor co. Is a business. Being profitable is its top priority. Gt350's are still in high demand so there's really no reason for them to rush into the next SE mustang. The gt350 is the sweetest piece of machinery on the on the road for its price point so quit your complaining. Just sounds like you've bought the wrong car. Being on this forum has really been depressing lately with all this crying and complaining.
Jesus fucking Christ.
Why does everyone act like I'm complaining about my car. No where did I once mention that I don't like my car. If I didn't "love" my car I'd get rid of it! But I love it and that's why I'd like to see or hear of ford bringing another one to market. Do you people read what is said or just skip between the lines?
The one that's crying and complaining is you.

All I said is GM and dodge are moving ahead with performance vehicles. Tell me that's not true!

Ford is the most profitable car company between GM, dodge and Toyota. That's besides the point. Since you brought it up, it's funny how the two car manufacturers that borrowed money from the government are building the best cars for the buck for 2017 so far.

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Random thoughts.
Ford GT leads the pack.
1LE is probably best value.
Mustang GT base PP and GT350 are pretty good value though and both my favorite.
ZL1 LE1 is the only good looking Camaro
Hellcat absolutely not appealing to me.
Demon keeping an open mind; seem more fun & whimsical than Hellcat.

I think Ford will step up soon.

Sponsored

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Jesus fucking Christ.
Why does everyone act like I'm complaining about my car. No where did I once mention that I don't like my car. If I didn't "love" my car I'd get rid of it! But I love it and that's why I'd like to see or hear of ford bringing another one to market. Do you people read what is said or just skip between the lines?
The one that's crying and complaining is you.

All I said is GM and dodge are moving ahead with performance vehicles. Tell me that's not true!

Ford is the most profitable car company between GM, dodge and Toyota. That's besides the point. Since you brought it up, it's funny how the two car manufacturers that borrowed money from the government are building the best cars for the buck for 2017 so far.
AND dont forget Garbage Motors didnt pay all of that money back.people should look at the video is gm becoming china motors.:ford::lol::cheers:

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Feeling like GM is really running away from Ford here...As anticipated as the GT350 was GM is already surpassed it with a car that handles as well and is much faster in a straight line.....and this is without taking Vette's into consideration. BTW I've never bought the view that Mustang's especially Shelby's and the like shouldn't be as fast or handle as well as Vette's. That's a copout because you can buy a pretty loaded top of the line Vette for mid 80's which isn't that much more than 350R's....Ford.... build us a car that crushes both Camaro's and Vette's even if it is 80K plus because people WILL buy it for that reason alone. Enough is enough.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Feeling like GM is really running away from Ford here...As anticipated as the GT350 was GM is already surpassed it with a car that handles as well and is much faster in a straight line.....and this is without taking Vette's into consideration. BTW I've never bought the view that Mustang's especially Shelby's and the like shouldn't be as fast or handle as well as Vette's. That's a copout because you can buy a pretty loaded top of the line Vette for mid 80's which isn't that much more than 350R's....Ford.... build us a car that crushes both Camaro's and Vette's even if it is 80K plus because people WILL buy it for that reason alone. Enough is enough.
GT350R is $63,500 MSRP. Mid 80s is a long way away from $63,500.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I wouldn't say a LONG way, thats only $16,000. Isn't that a price of a piece of crap smart car? Right now foreign cars are the only options for domestic supercar performance, other than Chevy. We can't get something for free, so if ford can bring supercar (OTHER THAN THE UNTOUCHABLE GT) performance under the price of foreign supercars, I'd be very happy about that.

Sponsored

tebeller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking for GT350
Ford guys when Ford brings out something that stomps Camaros: "Chevy is always late to the game. Man, Ford is awesome! Chevy just can't keep up. MUSTAAAAANG!!!!!!"

Ford guys when GM brings out a Camaro that beats Mustangs: "Why is Ford always behind? Come on Ford, wtf?!?! Two whole cars... unanswered by Ford."

Yes, I am a Ford guy. But there will always be someone who just brought out their latest and greatest. The GM and Dodge guys do the same thing. I enjoy my 3 Fords and look forward to what they do next. At any point in time, anyone can be on top.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I seriously doubt you can walk into a Ford dealer and buy a GT350R for $63,500.....You can however walk into ANY Chevy dealer and walk out with a $80K Vette that will more or less curb stomp it....or if you're willing to wait a month or so until the ZL1 Camaro's get into dealer stock you can buy a $65K Camaro that will do the same..........See my point? Wake up Ford...you're missing the boat.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I seriously doubt you can walk into a Ford dealer and buy a GT350R for $63,500.....You can however walk into ANY Chevy dealer and walk out with a $80K Vette that will more or less curb stomp it....or if you're willing to wait a month or so until the ZL1 Camaro's get into dealer stock you can buy a $65K Camaro that will do the same..........See my point? Wake up Ford...you're missing the boat.
Wow. Well let's see how many of those camaros GM sells.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I am by no means a die hard Ford guy, i have a soft spot for them sure because of the classic mustangs i've owned but when i shopped for my GT350 i considered everything M2, M3/M4, Camaro, Challenger, Corvette, Jaguar Ftype etc etc... at the end of the day the GT350 wasn't the fastest in a straight line, or in the corners or didn't have the best interior or tech. I bought the car because it was special, it was more than just an intake/TB and appearance package, it was a completely unique drivetrain and set of body panels etc. The car felt like it was designed from the ground up to be as unique as the original GT350. While i applaud GM for what they have accomplished with the Camaro, even if i had to do it all again today, knowing what i know about the 1LE, z28, ZL1, ZL1 1LE i'd still have made the same decision. The stat sheet racing is meaningless to me. If you only buy a car because its the fastest thing around you are always going to be disappointed with your decision as someone will always have something faster than you as one point or another
Sponsored