Sponsored

The new GT500 will have some serious competition...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I think the GT500 will be basically a gt350R suspension with a blown 5.2 CPC 680-700hp range.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
How many of you would sell your gt350/r for a gt500 if the handling was as good as the gt350.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Id guess late 2018 so actually Callender year 2018 which would be real close to the 19MY. My guess is it will be very limited in 2018 MY.

Fellas, I think that teaser pic of the dash at 755HP is spot on. A 2.65L TVS on a 5.2 at around 15 psi would bring her in around that number. Hopefully the car is well balanced. Throwing that battery in the trunk will help offset some of that supercharger weight.
It's gonna be fun fellas.
I have little doubt it won't hand the zl1le it's ass in all aspects. Won't beat the demon on the strip but who cares. We have a very good chance on the street tho...;)
I know the mods don't care for us promoting street racing, but I couldn't agree with you more. I'm in my mid-fifties went to a car show today out here in Cali and naturally they had some beautiful cars from the 60s & 70s on hand. As a kid I fondly remember guys street racing and talk smack about who had the fastest car, which brand was better than the other.

It's almost like we are in a 2nd Golden age as it relates to high-performance cars produced by the factory. Just glad I get to "participate" instead of listen :clap2:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
How many of you would sell your gt350/r for a gt500 if the handling was as good as the gt350.
I probably won't. I'm more an NA guy - I really love the Voodoo. Plus truth be told I would prefer not to spend the money right now. Even just the process of working with the dealership is not something I look forward to. The dealership experience does discourage me from trying to buy another "special" Ford.

I'm still really looking forward to seeing the new car, but it would have to be amazing before I would try to buy one.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I probably won't. I'm more an NA guy - I really love the Voodoo. Plus truth be told I would prefer not to spend the money right now. Even just the process of working with the dealership is not something I look forward to. The dealership experience does discourage me from trying to buy another "special" Ford.

I'm still really looking forward to seeing the new car, but it would have to be amazing before I would try to buy one.
The 350 is a unique car no doubt and that would probably make it harder to want to jump right away. Hell, my 2009 GT500 still makes me turn around and look back at it whenever I drive it. It's raw, loud, doesn't stop very well and squeaks going over the smallest bumps but it also pulls like a freight train and has the look that ties retro to modern Mustangs....In reality I would probably wait a year or so or at least until the dealers dropped their add on before I would get a new GT500, but it would be nice to know there was one waiting at that time..

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I think Car and Driver is a credible source. I suspect someone at Ford has shown a picture of the next GT500 to someone at Car and Driver but gave no details other than the GT500 will appear late in the year. I am willing to wait until 2019 to get a GT500 because I want to get a 2018 GT350R. After I get a GT350R, I will then wait a year to see if I really want a GT500.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Keeping the NA FPC. Will consider the gt500 but I'm gonna make my next purchase something real special. Maybe they hit it out of the park with something irresistible.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I like how the article says "... if dealers decide to gouge buyers".

IF ? IF ????

Bahahahaha.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I like how the article says "... if dealers decide to gouge buyers".

IF ? IF ????

Bahahahaha.
Hopefully ford does something next go around. Doubt it but would be nice.
How about an application process for the mustangs too. Not gouge the high roller Internet superstars but gouging the middle class is ok Ford?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Here is the article from Car and Driver APR/2017
Great post!! Thanks for showing us that! Hopefully it's all true.
I don't want no Ecoboost in a Shelby anyways. No thanks. :tsk: Give me a big V8 and supercharged, all day long. After all,....it is a GT500, right?! All the other modern day muscle cars have V8 engines that are supercharged. (Think Hellcats and ZL1. Z06 sportscar is also supercharged. :thumbsup:)

I think the GT500 will be basically a gt350R suspension with a blown 5.2 CPC 680-700hp range.
That's what it's looking like Scott! I can dig it.
If all goes well, like it currently is, I'm going to "try" to hold out for the second year model if I can. LOL :ninja: :eek:

Last edited:

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
If the GT500 was TT or AWD or something that made it very unique the same way the GT350 was incredibly unique i might consider it but if its as stated a 5.2 CPC and a blower making 700hp i will definitely pass and just hang onto the GT350

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If the GT500 was TT or AWD or something that made it very unique the same way the GT350 was incredibly unique i might consider it but if its as stated a 5.2 CPC and a blower making 700hp i will definitely pass and just hang onto the GT350
Feel the same. Something needs to make it special.
A TT V8 would rule the roost. 800HP+ easy. Even if it came stock at 755 turbos can easily add 100hp+ with a tune as long as the turbos are sufficient.
AWD would put power to the ground.
Something needs to be a bit more appealing and exciting... looking forward to hearing more.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Feel the same. Something needs to make it special.
A TT V8 would rule the roost. 800HP+ easy. Even if it came stock at 755 turbos can easily add 100hp+ with a tune as long as the turbos are sufficient.
AWD would put power to the ground.
Something needs to be a bit more appealing and exciting... looking forward to hearing more.
If it's a 5.2 with the 2.6TVS it will make at least 750. The Roush 2.3 TVS on a coyote is currently being sold at 727HP...Add about 40-50HP due to increase in both engine and blower displacement and you're talking somewhere around 770HP.....STOCK....Now add a set of long tube headers and dyno tune and you're talking 810-825 crank HP...So with that in mind if they make it handle pretty close to the current GT350 it would be the baddest American car all of all time IMO...:headbang:
Sponsored