OP

Salamiman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 FN GT Manual
Just Looking at a Lund 93 octane tune on youtube, with jlt CAI & x pipe.
Wheel Dyno 439hp/409ftlb(327kw/554nm).

Seems pretty good, car is an Auto as well, could be some more in the tune for a manual??

Thought I read that one of the Aussie members had a lund tune the other day.

Sponsored

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Very interested in how some of these tunes go for members with some dyno numbers . I am booked in for my first service shortly and after that be looking at tunes . Going to set some baseline road numbers with the Track App/ Acceleration Timer before any tunes for comparison purposes

Tune wise i will be looking at flexfuel E85 tunes as well depending on cost/hardware . Eventually i wont to go FI but really want 2 years of warranty first . Would love to see a thread with members 0-100kph times , i might start that off next time we got dry day and i find a spot to do it ..

PS i found the little hack to turn of all the nannies not just TC and managed to lay a nice S and a couple 11's in a safe place early in week . This is how these cars are meant to be but be careful you actually need to know how to drive , Inexperienced easily get caught out , amazing how well these nannies actually work re safety but they do take a lot of fun away from the performance these cars actually have . My old SS torana with similar power is a real handful and i missed that with this new stang but i got a lot of that back now ... Be careful if youve never driven an analogue performance car before , its a different beast

Last edited:
OP
OP

Salamiman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 FN GT Manual
Would love to know the hack Bris.
Tried holding the trac cont button up thing, but that didnt seem to work, my other car is a hot little LJ, so a convert here as well.

Anyhoo.
Spoke to a tuner from penrith who is pretty handy on hemis, but also a big fan of the coyote.

Re tune only on 98, with or without cold intake, you will make FA more power for money spent, it may feel different, as the tune can change how power is deliverd(especially in an Auto, shift points ect).
Manual cars are already 5kw above the autos & you will make bugger all more power. (So bulit was correct its all bullshit).
He did go onto say that an E85 tune is worthwhile & so are header & exhaust tunes.
His final words were, Ford did a VERY good job tuning the FN NA coyote.(very little room to improve).
P.S he also mentioned how well they like to be blown....but thats an entirely different story.

So unless I can be shown different, Ill prob just leave mine as is.
Looks like the 400kw tune was a unicorn after all.