Sponsored

The best bug remover

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
I took my Mustang on it's first road trip over the weekend. Got home and saw how much of a bug killer it was! I thought I'd share this tip for anyone who hates bugs on their car and also hates trying all kinds of chemicals to remove them.

All you need is some old holiday towels from your wife (lol). Soak them with water and then place them on the car wherever the bugs are stuck. Leave them on for 5 minutes or so; you can even hit them again with the hose. Then wipe off. No more bugs! Do this before you start washing your car, of course :).

I hung the towels on the bumper so that they lined up with the bottom of the bumper. That way they stayed in contact with the bumper.
FullSizeRender.jpg
Sponsored

Legacykid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' CO EB
Tarminator works wonders. It will losen up the splatter and become easy to either rinse off(pressure washer) or wipe with MF towel. I personally would not want anything but a microfiber towel that is clean on my paint, but im OCD. Once or twice you may get away with it, but over time the small scratches will start to show.

Reflection looks great btw

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
what i use to remove bugs...
put on...
drive...
take off...
no bugs.

Attachments

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The BEST thing for bug residue is DRYER SHEETS. Man they work great! Wet them a bit and they remove bug debris fast.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
The BEST thing for bug residue is DRYER SHEETS. Man they work great! Wet them a bit and they remove bug debris fast.
What's the effect on the paint though? That's got to leave swirl marks/scratches, no?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I haven't noticed any issues. It's more the ingredients than the coarseness I believe. It works wonders.
Sponsored