Thanks VMP. It's running great now.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Bit of a rant, and a big thank you to the folks at VMP. Bought the '16 GT from a Ford dealer last fall, with a VMP Gen II 2.3 system already installed. Dealer didn't have the handheld with the tune file. Finally figured out, just last week, that the dealer wiped the PCM and put a stock tune back on it. Thanks to Chuck Harter at VMP, they figured out what car it is, what mods were on it and that they'd tuned it previously. Got a VMP tune file loaded yesterday and it finally seems to run the way it's supposed to. Took some time, but it was a really good outcome.

Oh, and to a certain Ford dealer that will remain unnamed....AYFKM???!!! Wonder if they did that to the Whipple Terminator that got traded.
Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
You was driving a supercharged car on the stock factory tune??

OP
OP
Avispa

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
You can imagine I got a little hot under the collar when I fount that out. Yeah. It was a shock. No one figured the dealer service dept. wiped the PCM. Thought I drove it with a VMP tune on it. Only found out about the tune after I sent the "stock" tune file, the one stored to my SCT handheld after loading another tune that had a few bugs in it, to the tuner so he could analyze what we thought was VMP's tune.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
On the bright side, you know that your knock sensors work...:curse:

OP
OP
Avispa

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Yes, indeed. It helps not to be 23 years old and lacking common sense. A much younger me would have blown it up already. I didn't really run it hard until figuring out what was what.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, indeed. It helps not to be 23 years old and lacking common sense. A much younger me would have blown it up already. I didn't really run it hard until figuring out what was what.
Well played sit, well played! :thumbsup:
Sponsored