Tech Challenged Senior

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - I don't know about the rest of you, but I struggle at times trying to access all the tech related features and information. Perhaps this is amplified by my not owning a Ford product for a few decades in addition to being somewhat technology challenged. I finally stopped at a Ford dealership to get some help accessing my tire pressure information. I checked the owners manual and it showed a different photo from what my Bullitt has. The manual showed an OK surrounded by up and down arrows and left and right arrows. I only have the up and down arrows. The owners manual to me is just information overload. Usually I eventually fumble my way to the info I'm seeking, but then be damned to recall the exact steps I took to get to the correct endpoint. There are a couple of 4 year old neighbors that can help with my computer and iPad challenges, but the car seem to be a pay grade higher than them. I'm just venting so you don't need to reply. Don't worry I'm not ready to take a 357 to the dash board yet... Bruce
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I find there's a lot in there, but its organized horribly and doesn't give you easy direct access to switch between things you'd use most often.
Case in point, what you're looking for.

For the most part I'd say the trip info/gauge toys are split into 2 sections. Each section you are in, you can scroll up and down to change the info presented.
Section1(accessed by gear button and then Trip/Fuel IIRC): Gas mileage, trip settings 1+2, tire pressure, and a blank screen.
Section2 (accessed by Pony button then Show Gauges): virtual gauges(customization in another section), real-time digital readouts, and G-Meter.

You have to bounce between these sections to get to this info.
It would be nice to either see that info all in one spot, or be able to modify MyMode to customize what screens you want to see (ie: I want to see tire pressure, gauges and trip settings)

I'm guessing a lot of it is because the pony button 'mustang stuff' is added on to the other stuff that is on most vehicles, so they are separated that way.

Small gripes with MyMode are that I wish some settings could be individually set moreso than what is available, the toggles go up AND down, and multiple MyModes.
I really hope Ford streamlines it in future iterations and can mesh these 'modules' together and make it have more customization. It'll get better I'm sure.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Do I interpret your rant as not being able to find the tyre pressure readout?
  1. Go into settings on steering wheel
  2. Then trip computer
  3. Then move up or down from there using arrows on steering wheel
You would think it has its own caption but its hidden away at that second level
I understand your annoyance, I've just spent the last 3 weeks trying to give my local telco my new credit card number and scared stiff they would cut my phone off in the interim
growing old is no game for sissies
Good luck

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, TPMS should have been included in the 'pony' gauge menu, along with the G-meter and real time gauge info. It's super distracting having to go to the regular settings menu, and then having to go back to the pony menu, then wade thru the options, select the correct one (don't even remember the name now. Ha ha), then 'show gauges'. So stupid.

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Section1(accessed by gear button and then Trip/Fuel IIRC): Gas mileage, trip settings 1+2, tire pressure, and a blank screen.
The blank screen is the Navigation directions once you have input a destination, much bigger than the small one above your gauges or trip info or whatever you have configured for the center screen

Re the layouts, yeah when I saw reviews complaining, particularly savagegeese I was thinking wow, talk about moaning about nothing, but now I agree, the UI sucks at least as far as navigation. See my post where I "lost" the exhaust sound settings :)
Sponsored