Sponsored

Tapping into Fog Light Power?

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Be forewarned, I'm an electrical moron.

I'm replacing my lower grill and putting some small tinted LEDs into it and re-tinting my fog lights as part of a "work from home" project. I'd like the LEDs to function on the same button as the fogs. The LEDs come with a short connector that connects to a short set of wires that need to be spliced/tapped in to power.

I don't want to dick around running wires from the battery and power draw to the LEDs shouldn't be an issue. If I tap into the #5 wire as per the diagram below for the fogs, would the LEDs function off of the fog light button?

Or am I wrong and #s 2, 4, and 5 are just relays that operate the light and #3 is the actual power? And in that case, if #5 is a relay wire, could I get a small relay, tap into #3 for power, and then tap into #5 to piggy-back the relay so that the LEDs would still run off the fog switch?

Hat-tip to @eddison for posting the original pic below of the fog/lamp assembly plug below.
full.jpg
Sponsored

GMB Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 16 Escape, 21 F250 (all Ruby Red)
Vehicle Showcase
why not tie into the fog lights right at the bulbs the leds shouldnt draw too much (dont know what LEDS you are using) Positive to #5 and neg to #6