Sponsored

Taking Down Overhead Console

Eliteprophet1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Ecoboost Convertible
Hey! Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything on it. My question is are you able to pull the overhead console down in the vert like you can on the coupe? I have the Diode Dynamic map lights from my 2015 coupe, and went to install it in my new Convertible. For the life of me, the console wont come down. I was wondering if it is secured differently in the convertible, or if mine is just super stiff. Thanks!
Sponsored

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
it is mounted just like the coupes. it will feel like you are breaking it but it will snap off. if you have any trim tools try using them to help. I would not suggest a screw driver because you can mar the header panel

OP
OP

Eliteprophet1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it is mounted just like the coupes. it will feel like you are breaking it but it will snap off. if you have any trim tools try using them to help. I would not suggest a screw driver because you can mar the header panel
Thank you!! My parents and I were so afraid to snap it. Just wanted some confirmation. :cheers: :headbang:

jpaul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt convertabile
hope you have better luck than me 2 days ago i attempted this and it broke good luck

OP
OP

Eliteprophet1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hope you have better luck than me 2 days ago i attempted this and it broke good luck
I actually did wind up breaking it. The metal clips over the plastic clips on the console snapped off. The metal ones are still in the headliner part even though they are supposed to release if that makes sense. I had to secure it with double-sided tape. I looked up parts to replace the clips but if what I read was correct its $100+ just for the piece. :eyebulge:

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep broke mine too, tried a tonne of ways and broke one sides clip and used that play to get in both lights.

I just covered the broken clip in electrical tape which has given it enough hold to stay in place. I think it wobbles a bit more then before but I couldn't even find the replacement part, looking at it though it will be the entire plastic housing that holds all the parts.

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
Broke mine last night. Replacement cost is $400+ :eyebulge::eyebulge:
I also added some tape to get it back up.
Anyone successfully remove the convertible one without breakage? This one was really tight. My coupe was easy.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
I took mine off with no issues other than I used a Screw driver to help me Pry it off and marred the header panel on the passengers side.
Sponsored